From Boston To Australia | MassCops

From Boston To Australia

Discussion in 'Relationships & Family' started by IrishCop, Jun 27, 2020.

1. IrishCop

IrishCop International Member

Tango_Sierra and Sooty like this.
  2. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Both accents equally annoying.

3. IrishCop

Hmm, I left Ireland in 1964 which puts me in Australia for 56 years, at that time Australia and America were screaming out for Irishmen to come and join their police forces and of course the rest is history. Under the Assisted Passage Scheme it cost me £10 to migrate to Australia, it was money well spent.

Anyhow, on the subject of accents, I am surprised you find the Australian accent annoying as most Americans love the Australian accent (as in Crocodile Dundee) and I know for a fact that the Aussie accent is a chick magnet in so far as American Sheilas are concerned.;)

In so far as north America is concerned, my favourite accents are the Boston accent which to my ear has a certain Irish lilt, same with the Minnesota accent (TV series Fargo) and in Canada the Newfoundland accent.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  4. Tango_Sierra

Tango_Sierra MassCops Member

I could never do that flight from BOS to Australia. Hawaii was far enough when I went for my honeymoon. Now BOS to Dublin although far- didn’t seem terrible. Felt like a relatively quick and smooth flight.

Sooty likes this.
  5. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

It’s easy in Flight Simulator at 16X speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

You're a geek!:confused:

7. IrishCop

[​IMG]

CCCSD likes this.