·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
RIP Officer Rogers, you're brothers and sisters in Blue will take it from here

Reactions: GD

·
Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com
2,963 Posts
While we (LEO's) are required to be tough and hard, sometimes what we experience on or off the job can have the potential to overwhelm us. Sometimes a good bitch session with the guys over a beer can make you feel a little better, BUT if what ails you goes deeper, I urge anyone (sworn or civilian) that when that starts to happen, reach out to your Peer Support Officers, Stress Unit, Mental Health Pro, or whomever handles this stuff in your Department, Company, etc. Don't view it as weakness, look at it as an OT that only YOU can respond to. RIP Rogers

·
Subscribing Member
3,386 Posts
While we (LEO's) are required to be tough and hard, sometimes what we experience on or off the job can have the potential to overwhelm us. Sometimes a good bitch session with the guys over a beer can make you feel a little better, BUT if what ails you goes deeper, I urge anyone (sworn or civilian) that when that starts to happen, reach out to your Peer Support Officers, Stress Unit, Mental Health Pro, or whomever handles this stuff in your Department, Company, etc. Don't view it as weakness, look at it as an OT that only YOU can respond to. RIP Rogers
Exactly.

We're usually pretty good at complaining about everything else except for what ails ourselves emotionally. We as a profession need to do better at helping ourselves before more of this happens. I've known 13 officers on my department who have done the same thing in my 25 years on the job; very sad all around.

I enjoyed watching the banter between Pat and Jenn in their patrol car, it helped show the public that the police are regular people too. I hope whatever demons he had are now gone and he finds his way to a better place. May he rest in peace.

·
Duke of Campus Police
510 Posts
I actually enjoyed the show. I would NEVER had thought somebody like that could....Well, We all know what it means: so much above is true. Some of us have demons. RIP Pat!

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
Only saw the show once or twice and it's sad because Pat was one of the more likable officers.

I don't know what the BPD brass is like, but DOC has lost a few officers over the last couple years and i put allot of the blame on management and their constant threats and harassment.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I actually enjoyed the show. I would NEVER had thought somebody like that could....Well, We all know what it means: so much above is true. Some of us have demons. RIP Pat!
Those reality shows have nothing to do with reality! I wonder if it played a role in his decision ... Reality show participants take their own lives at alarming rate!

The pain he walked with is now shared amongst those he left behind. Complete with the gaping hole he left in their lives.

This, I know all too well. :(
So true! And the pain they are in is there to stay :( They will wonder what they could've done ... 9 years ago my friend managed to full us all! She was preparing for it for weeks, may be months ... wrote letters, instructions, packed her staff ... We all thought she is on upswing, she seemed very happy and upbeat ... :(

I hope other officers are getting concealing now, they really need it!

·
Subscribing Member
856 Posts
Those reality shows have nothing to do with reality! I wonder if it played a role in his decision ... Reality show participants take their own lives at alarming rate!

So true! And the pain they are in is there to stay :( They will wonder what they could've done ... 9 years ago my friend managed to full us all! She was preparing for it for weeks, may be months ... wrote letters, instructions, packed her staff ... We all thought she is on upswing, she seemed very happy and upbeat ... :(

I hope other officers are getting concealing now, they really need it!
Often times it is hard to see what the person is feeling. They put up a proverbial wall. If you notice a severe mood change (I.e. really down to relaxed) or extremely quiet, be concerned. Take it from someone who's been through it with a parent who tried and failed to commit suicide. The person more than likely won't think something is wrong or will try to refuse help. Be persistent.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts