Friendly's Announces Bankruptcy, Closes Restaurants | Page 2 | MassCops

Friendly's Announces Bankruptcy, Closes Restaurants

Discussion in 'New England' started by kwflatbed, Oct 5, 2011.

1. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I used to love Howard Johnson's. I found this Hojo site that addresses Friendly's problems.

HoJoLand.com

2. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

Good If you have kids that's about it.

3. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I used to go to the one in Braintree, but they unfortunately closed not long after I turned 21.

---------- Post added at 00:33 ---------- Previous post was at 00:32 ----------

Sometimes after a midnight shift, I'd go with some guys to the HoJo's at the South Shore Plaza for the breakfast buffet.

4. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

I used to love the Webster Square Friendly's in Worcester when I was growing up. We used to walk there all the time. A Jim Dandy was the best ice cream sundae in town back in the day.

They actually have three Friendly's now in Palm Beach County, FL, which amazed me when they first opened down here. They have a picture of the Webster Square store on the wall. It's sad to see another part of my childhood fading away....

5. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

CC I missed the one at the split, and the one on 138 near the Blue Hills
    there was always room to park the truck.

6. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

Ah yes. China Royal. They were open after midnight on weekends. We would get a collection together and send a car over to Fall River to pick up an order for most of the twenty or so of us that were working mids. We'd cover his calls while he was gone.
    Whoever flew to pick it up got to keep the change.
    Memories.