Free Online L.E. Training Courses | MassCops

Free Online L.E. Training Courses

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Education & Training Questions' started by crackerjack, Feb 15, 2020.

1. crackerjack

crackerjack MassCops Member

My agency has contractual language for "professional improvement", which allows us to earn up to an $1,100 stipend paid out every year for training done on our own time. I'm looking for free online training courses that produce a certificate at completion and are somewhat legitimate. The only one I've been able to find is MCTFT. Thanks in advance.

2. Roy Fehler

Roy Fehler MassCops Member

3. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

Counterdrug.org

This is the northeast counter drug training center, it is a federally funded law enforcement training center and all their training classes are free. They even provide free lodging at their main training facility.

4. crackerjack

I should have specified that I'm looking for online courses... Thx

5. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

You don’t learn much from online. Nice scam.

Joel98 likes this.
  6. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

Why not travel somewhere for training? Online training doesn’t really give you much.

Goose and CCCSD like this.
  7. crackerjack

I know you don't learn much online... the point here is to max out for retirement.

8. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Way to rip off the system. You do realize that you posted a question relating to training, with the specific intent to just spend time using fake hours in order to pad your retirement, right? You even stated that it didn’t need to be of quality or relevant.
    Your next class should be How to Survive an IA and Kiss Your Job Goodbye.

Joel98 likes this.
  9. crackerjack

Looks like we've got ourselves a keyboard warrior. Focus on answering the question... your opinion means nothing to me. That profile picture is pretty accurate though.

10. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Keyboard warrior or not, I’m confident most active members here would easily argue attending a class in-person (that you get refunded for) is 100x better than trying to find a free online class to make an extra $200 or whatever.

And I can promise you any of us would back up our “warrior” claims over a beer at the next M&G.

Cop the attitude, join a book club, read a book about Law Enforcement, and print off a certification saying you learned something.

zm88 and Joel98 like this.
  11. AB7

AB7 MassCops Member

I swear this page is 50% comedy, 10% job postings, 10% training opportunities, 10% general info questions about law enforcement, 10% cops in the news or being attacked in the news, and 10% fuck SSPO.

12. crackerjack

I've got 20 years on the job and I know the value of in person training. Why you cannot just answer the question without adding the extra commentary is beyond me. If I wanted this back and forth I would be on social media. As far as your M&G comment goes your missing the point. Either way this little back and forth has been an education about this site.

13. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

Look at the online FEMA training. If your department accepts it, those classes are free and not too time consuming. I’ll try to dig up the link for you later

14. 02136colonel

02136colonel Supporting Member

Here’s the link, FEMA Emergency Management Institute
    Emergency Management Institute | EMI Courses & Schedules

And I just read the rest of the thread, I agree that in person training is MUCH better, but too many departments won’t pay for it, and will only give you bare minimum training. So sometimes free/online has to do, if nothing better is available

15. CCCSD

CCCSD MassCops Member

Hey Clownshoes, I’ve got more than 35 years OTJ. I don’t need some youngster jacktard trying to tell me the news. I’m doubting you’ve actually done anything except slide out of every report or job you could, based on your attitude.

You posted on an online forum that you were looking to find anything online you could claim as training in order to fluff your retirement, at the taxpayers expense. Knowing how incredibly stupid that is, you STILL throw attitude. No problem,. I’ll be sending links to the local anti cop groups and your governing body to show the epic disdain you have. Not only for actual learning to do your job, but of the very people who pay your salary.

You’re welcome.

16. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

crackerjack,
    Lighten up Francis............You've been a member here for over a decade, but only 15 posts? Way to contribute to the discussions in a positive and objective manner to foster and promote.................oh wait, you just want some advice on how to skim some easy $$$.? Sorry, grow some thicker skin and quit whining please.

Fuzzywuzzy, TacEntry, CCCSD and 2 others like this.