Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Massachusetts FOP State Lodge is looking into chartering a Lodge set up for FULL TIME campus police officers. You must have arrest powers in the State of Mass and have an academy under your belt. We are a fraternal organization & not a union. Some of the few benefits of being a member is a $25,000 accidental life insurance policy for each member. Soon to be raised to $50,000. We are currently involved with setting up a Legislative committee to work on behalf of police officers and their families on what's important to them. We are looking for a motivated campus police officer that might want to help charter a Lodge for the state. The State Lodge will assist you in getting organized and getting the word out. Check out the National FOP web sight to find out how large this organization is. With the help of Gil we hope to have our sight up soon.Please call the FOP State Lodge at 508-643-FOP4 for more information. We will return your calls as soon as possible.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,711 Posts
Re: Fraternal Order of Police -College & University Poli

:sl:

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts

You people don't make enough money with that NEVER ending fund rasing across the State ??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The State FOP hasn't done a State wide drive in over a year and a half. We have a whole new executive board with new priorities. We are forming a legislative committee to work on issues important to Massachusetts Police Officers and their families, and a scholarship committee which plans on giving 20 $1,000 scholarships out this year to our member's kids. With the backing and support of the largest police organization in the country we hope to get a chance to get a good fraternal organization going in this state. God for bid we have a group that Local, campus, state and federal officers belong and actually get along.

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts

Well brother, you have alot of bridges to mend in Mass. That old guard did some big damage with agencies. Time will tell, you can't be blame for things that was before you, but you have to suffer a little from those same things.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts

ProudtobeFOP I think its a good idea. Good luck in this state with the attitude people have. As you have already read.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Michaelbos - Sounds like you've been around a while. Very true, that former officer of our organization gave us a black eye, but he'll get his some day! (When the AG knocks on his door!)

·
Subscribing Member
228 Posts

That remark alone shows me that there is a new change, postive and professional way that orgainzation will be run. I VERY glad to hear that it was taken away from those certain persons. And beleive me Bro, I can't wait to see his name in the paper.

·
Registered
109 Posts

I have been approached regarding the establishment of a Massachusetts Public Safety Labor Council. This structure would allow local unions to maintain the level of autonomy and control they desire while providing tiered levels of services. For example, if a local just wanted a basic affiliation, it would pay less per employee than a local that wanted collective bargaining representation and contract negotiations. The council would be involved in lobbying and provide optical and dental benefits at a discounted rate. It would also provide training on labor and employment issues and possibly some legal defense benefits. The council would serve as an 'umbrella organization' for established local associations or would actually serve as the local union/representative if the employees so desired. This is still in the formative stages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.