Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 29, 2004

Boston Globe

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- A Framingham man charged with raping a 13-year-old girl was on the loose after fleeing court on Monday shortly before a jury found him guilty.

Marlon Morris, 26, was free on bail for the November 2002 crime, so he was not in custody when he walked out of Cambridge Superior Court at about 1:40 p.m., a spokeswoman for the Middlesex district attorney's office said.

About 20 minutes later, he was found guilty of two counts of forcible rape of a child, two counts of statutory rape and three counts of indecent assault and battery on a child.

Authorities are concerned that Morris may flee because he has ties to Jamaica and upstate New York. He is now considered a fugitive from justice and could face additional charges, said Melissa Sherman, a spokeswoman for the district attorney.

Morris's disappearance left his lawyer baffled.

"This took me by surprise," attorney Philip Tracy Jr. said. "He was in court every day with his family, and we were confident that we were getting a fair amount of time for the jury to consider our side of the case."

The jury deliberated 13 hours over three days after a two-day trial.[/b]"I have no answers," Tracy said. "In 30 years as a lawyer, in more than 200 jury trials, nothing like this has ever happened to me."

Tracy urged Morris, who has no prior criminal record, to turn himself in.

Morris raped and sexually assaulted the victim, now 15, on Nov. 17, 2002, prosecutors said. The girl reported the incident to her mother the next day, and Morris was arrested a day later. Morris and the victim knew each other.

Morris pleaded innocent at his arraignment and was released on $5,000 bail. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Re: Framingham man fleas court just before rape conviction.

he was found guilty of two counts of forcible rape of a child, two counts of statutory rape and three counts of indecent assault and battery on a child.

He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Morris's disappearance left his lawyer baffled.

Well, I guess this piece of shite's chances at trial weren't helped by having an extremely stupid attorney.

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts

I'm just a little curious what does this have to do with getting on the job?

Scott :pc:

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts

VOR @ Tue 30 Nov said:
:roll: Geez, OK, I'll move it...
Hey I'm just stating the obvious dude :p
If I did it I'd hope someone would say the same to me :p Kinda like having toiletpaper on your shoe after you leave the bathroom.

Scott :pc:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

Firstly, when did "innocent" become a plea?

I was at superior court with my line-mate on a drug case. The thing was obviously going south for the defendant. During the lunch break the defendant's lawyer told him not to come back as he would end up in jail, said conversation overheard by my line-mate. She told the ADA, who told the judge. We grabbed the kid as he was getting into his vehicle...prison for the kid and spanking for the liar...er, lawyer! 8)

G

·
Hmmm............................

Cambridge.........Now I know that's in NEMLEC's territory. Has anybody called those mo-fo's yet?
:twisted:

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
NACop @ Thu 02 Dec said:
Hmmm............................

Cambridge.........Now I know that's in NEMLEC's territory. Has anybody called those mo-fo's yet?
:twisted:
No but they did call the teenage mutant ninja turtles they declined to help. Then they called a gang from the jefferson park projects in Cambridge and they suited up and got into their tactical vehicles.

They go by the code of GHETLEC Ghetto Law Enforcement Council :p

Proof positive that i have nothing but time here at work :-D

Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.