Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Yes, everyone can sign up. There were a few guys in their 30's in my BCT company.

that's just not true.... there are many reasons people cant sign up from family commitments to medical issues.... i was lucky enough to get on the job without military right out of college so i didnt "need" to enlist later in life.

If you're excluded from enlisting in the military, then you'll never pass the background to become a cop, anyway.

Not necessarily. There are physical and medical issues that will disqualify people from military service that won't be issues for police work. I couldn't enlist because of a medical issue that the military wouldn't waive, but I got a police job despite the issue.
None that I'm aware of, my police physical was a lot more restrictive than my military intake physical.

If I only had a dollar for every time I've heard "I almost enlisted", or "I tried to enlist".

If you have any underlying medical issues, you can be excluded from military service. Allergies to nuts, diabetes, ADHD, etc can prohibit a trainee from entering the military but not from police departments. I am a veteran and MEPs was about the same as my initial examination for employment minus the X-rays.

I wonder if crypt keeper is still at MEPS...guy had to be 110 years old..

Reactions: Danusmc0321
If they followed the MMA model, it will be all kinds of messed up.... Civil Service is not great, but getting out of it can be a fucking disaster with political influence.

Any unions that may are considering this, please reach out, Ill talk about how its it gone.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.