Four police officers down: Police are talking with suspect (NH) | Page 5 | MassCops

Four police officers down: Police are talking with suspect (NH)

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Can't say I'd sue the mother. I've never sued anyone and at this point in time, have no plans to. I've been lucky enough to have never been sued myself, even though I've actually encouraged a few folks who were making statements which lead me to believe I was going to get a complaint. The complaint never even came.

ANYWAY, one of our guys got into a foot chase with some idiot kid and ended up falling on some stairs. The kid was caught and charged (it was along time ago, I forget what with but everything revolved around a moped). Our guy, whose knee was partially destroyed at the time, sued the kid and WON! Again, forgive me for not recalling details, but it was a case of the criminal courts not coming through with the justice the kid deserved so the civil courts did and my guy recouped money he would have spent on medical bills above what the insurance paid.

I felt he was right to go after the kid and get some justice. I don't see the harm in a P.O. suing someone, we get sued all the time (well, not me) but the right circumstances have to be there and I'm not for suing willy-nilly. With the right circumstances...don't take the law into your own hands, you take 'em to court.

lofu likes this.
  2. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Cops and public safety get sued all the time....why NOT sue dirtbags back? Its absolutely reasonable to turn the tables and use their own games against them.
    Maybe the mother is the wrong target, but if she knew her son was a drug dealer and using her house hold her accountable. If it was an underage drinking party she'd be liable!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Kilvinsky, lofu and Johnny Law like this.
  3. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

if the mother is anything like her scumbag offspring then i would have no problem suing her. take the house. level it and put up a memorial to Chief Maloney.

if she was just an old woman at the wrong place at the wrong time then it's different.

Hush likes this.
  4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Because I'm better than the dirtbags.

The times I've been out injured, the city paid all my medical expenses, and I got a tax-free paycheck for the entire time I was out injured. What else did I need?

As I said, I hate frivolous lawsuits with every fiber of my being, and they are one of the reasons why this country is circling the bowl. I WILL NOT participate in that scam.....the proper response to a ridiculously litigious court system is not to file a frivolous lawsuit of your own.

sgthoskins likes this.
  5. Hush

I'm guessing that wasn't the case, this animal was pretty well known.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

6. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

could they charge her with "aiding and abetting " ?

harboring a criminal ?

don't know this stuff, just throwing it out there

7. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

AG Details Mistakes Made During Fatal Drug Raid In Greenland, NH

[​IMG]
    Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney (Photo from Greenland PD)

CONCORD, N.H. (CBS) – It was a sad chapter in New Hampshire history: the death of Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney during a drug raid in April.
    Today the state’s Attorney General released a report into what happened, and what went wrong.
    “There were deficiencies in the planning and execution of this operation,” said Attorney General Michael Delaney.
    Releasing new pictures of the crime scene today, Attorney General Michael Delaney said mistakes were made: the senior commander of the team was on vacation; another leader arrived late to the final briefing because he had been on a security detail for Vice President Joe Biden; and the time of day was a problem with shadows making it difficult to see around 6 p.m.
    The raid did not even have to happen that day.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/nh-ag-to-discuss-deadly-shooting-of-greenland-police-chief/#

8. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Poor planning does not excuse the killing of police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frank, mtc, pahapoika and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hush

I was up in Greenland yesterday, and thinking about this. I'm sure theres a lot that could be learned from here, but no reason to do it in the media.

lofu likes this.
  10. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Hey, it's monday and I'M the Quarterback...:mad:!!

Consult with the Department in private and release a generic statement to the vultures with the caveat that new procedures will be put in place-this AG's probably looking to move up the food chain-just sayin'

11. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

So fucking what? They had a no knock warrant. Doesnt mean shit, situation dictates action. The officers all had experience and used their judgement on how to proceed. They didnt know he had the place under wireless camera. Yes it SUCKS, the Chief was a great guy but just because a dirt bag fucked up their plan doesnt mean the officers on the task force need to be shit on. Fuck you AG.

Johnny Law and Delta784 like this.
  12. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

No it's Saturday Mr. Attorney general. Sooooo Go fuck yourself.

13. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

I agree with the the task force/ officers involved and the depts involved doing the AAR . That makes total sense.
    The AG throwing officers under the bus just doesnt work for me though.....jus sayin

Mr Scribbles and Hush like this.
  14. Hush

15. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

New Hampshire Marks First Anniversary Of Greenland Police Chief’s Death

[​IMG]
    Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney (Photo from Greenland PD)

GREENLAND, N.H. (AP) — The New Hampshire Attorney General’s office will drape its building in purple bunting and Greenland residents plan a moment of silence in memory of Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney, who was shot to death during a drug raid one year ago.
    Attorney General Michael Delaney said the bunting pays tribute to all fallen officers.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/...anniversary-of-greenland-police-chiefs-death/

16. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

My thoughts and prayers to the officers and their families.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2