Four police officers down: Police are talking with suspect (NH) | Page 3 | MassCops

Four police officers down: Police are talking with suspect (NH)

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by cc3915, Apr 13, 2012.

1. k12kop

k12kop MassCops Member

RIP Chief

2. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrod...UZ8G2l3agFhiNxi4IHtJ/index.html?p1=News_links

GREENLAND – The man who shot five police officers, including this small town’s police chief, was found dead inside his home early today along with a woman who was inside the building when the officers tried to execute a drug warrant only to be met by a barrage of gunfire.

New Hampshire Attorney General Michael Delaney told reporters at a pre-dawn press conference today that State Police sent a robot with a camera inside the home on Post Road around 2 a.m. Police then discovered that both people were dead, both apparently having been shot to death.

Delaney identified the man as 29-year-old Cullen Mutrie.

He said the identity of the woman has not been confirmed, but that she is believed to be an acquaintance of Mutrie’s.

It was not yet known whether Mutrie and the woman died as the result of a murder-suicide or a double suicide.

Killed in the shootings was Police Chief Michael Maloney, 48, who was one week from his retirement after 12 years on the force, Delaney said.

RIP Chief Maloney.

Fuck you Cullen Mutrie.... You lived like a coward and died like a coward.

3. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

There is a God!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

The whole thing is awful and sad. RIP to the chief, and I hope the others pull through.

What a shitty week for LE in New England.

5. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

RIP Chief Maloney,prayers for all involved.

6. Usa8235

Usa8235 MassCops Member

RIP Chief Maloney, hope the Officers/Detectives all heal quickly, a sad horrible day for Law Enforcement

7. corsair

corsair Guest

Rest In Peace Chief Maloney your Service and Sacrifice for the safety of your community will not be forgotten.

8. frapmpd24

frapmpd24 Senior Member

RIP Chief Maloney and prayers out to his family, friends, and fellow officers. The fact that he was leading and serving a search warrant at (what appears to be from reports) the home of a dangerous a-hole, he deserves a lot of credit, especially in light of the news that he was retiring next week. God speed Chief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

RIP Chief, get well soon to the other 4 officers.

Unrelated to this sad story, but always worth reminding ourselves of is this (especially given the increase of deadly assaults upon us).

Our resolve should not falter. Don't take any shit or lip on the street guys, don't let yourself become complacent on a stop, will your bullet to your target, don't ever stop fighting. Shot or stabbed doesn't mean dead. Don't second guess your gut instincts, because they are probably right. Above all, stay safe everyone, go home at the end of your shift.

topcop14, right.as.rain, lofu and 2 others like this.
  10. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

What a tragic incident...just goes to show everyone this type of violence can happen anywhere. Stay safe and always look out for each other!!!

11. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

RIP chief and a speedy recovery to all.

12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

That's about as good as ending as we could have hoped for.

RIP Chief Maloney, and speedy recovery for the other officers.

13. Meat Eater

Meat Eater MassCops Member

Rest in peace Chief Maloney.

14. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

RIP Chief Maloney, get well soon brothers.

15. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

wtf.. RIP Chief and best wishes to those that were injured for a speedy recovery..

16. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

world has gone mad. never heard of this s**t as a kid.

R.I.P. to a stand up Chief for being on the front lines and a full recovery for those injured officers

17. kwflatbed

N.H. cops: Gunman killed self, girlfriend

By John Zaremba
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 - Updated

The gunman who killed a beloved New Hampshire police chief and wounded four officers in a terrifying shootout Thursday night also murdered his ex-girlfriend, then fatally shot himself, authorities said yesterday.
    An autopsy yesterday revealed that Cullen Mutrie, 29, of Greenland, N.H., shot himself once in the head and also suffered a graze wound to the arm. His ex-girlfriend, identified by officials as Brittany Tibbetts, 26, died of a gunshot wound to the head. Authorities say her death was a homicide. She had no other wounds.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20220415nh_cops_gunman_killed_self_girlfriend/

18. Johnny Law

Hey Cullen "Piece of Chicken Shit" Mutrie,

I hope you enjoy Hell and getting torn to pieces over and over again for the next infinity. I wish I could take a trip up to NH and find your grave, just so I could take a massive shit on it. Fuck you, and fuck your parents for raising a fucking fuck like you. You were a load that should have been swallowed. I hope someone digs up your rotting hulk and empties numerous magazines into you, mother fucker.

PS, for any of his friends or family that make it on here, and you know they will, FUCK YOU TOO.

**end rant**

19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Put me down for a pre-emptive "FUCK OFF!!" to his family and friends, also.

20. Johnny Law

You can't get blood from a stone. I guess we could get the double wide, but then how will the tornado fucking kill them?

Dan Stark and USMCMP5811 like this.
  21. Johnny Law

I'm sure with the kind of guy I've been reading about, Chief Maloney would play down any attempt to label him a hero. But he is, he helped four other guys out of harm's way and paid the sad and ultimate price. I hope he's sitting in Heaven, hoisting a glass with other downed officers and enjoying his rightful place there.

Delta784 likes this.
  22. kwflatbed

More Than 5,000 Expected At Chief's Funeral

HAMPTON, N.H. -- Police said they expect more than 5,000 law enforcement and public safety officials to attend the funeral of a New Hampshire police chief who was gunned down last week.

A memorial service is scheduled Thursday at noon for Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney, who was killed when he and other officers were trying to serve a warrant. Four officers were injured.

The funeral will be held at the Winnacunnet High School athletic field in Hampton. The Portsmouth Herald reported that Maloney was a 1982 graduate of the school, which will be closed Thursday.

Read more: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/30905340/detail.html#ixzz1sIPV2K00

23. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Wounded officers improving, out of hospital's ICU

PORTSMOUTH — Two officers wounded in a shooting in Greenland Thursday are both now out of the Portsmouth Regional Hospital’s intensive care unit, according to hospital spokeswoman Nancy Notis.
    Notis said that Newmarket Det. Scott Kukesh, 33, and Rochester Det. Jeremiah Murphy, 34, each had their conditions upgraded today from “stable” to “good.”
    “They are improving. They’re alert and oriented,” Notis said.
    Both officers were shot in the chest while executing a drug-related search warrant at the Greenland home of Cullen Mutrie, 29, Thursday evening. They and two other members of the N.H. Attorney General’s Drug Task Force joined Greenland Chief Michael Maloney in the operation, which went awry when Mutrie shot at the officers.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20120417-NEWS-120419746

24. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

I dont know the shitbag but I do know people that know his mother. By all accounts shes a grounded well respected woman and has stated publically that shes sorry for what her son has done and the pain he has caused . She has made no excuses whatsoever that Ive heard of. Im sure she is feeling like hell so i wont pile on her.
    I will be at both the wake and funeral....pm or text me if anyone wwants to meet up afterwards.

cc3915 likes this.
  25. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

mtc likes this.