Four officers shot in Oakland | Page 2 | MassCops

Four officers shot in Oakland

Discussion in 'Line of Duty Death News' started by Hawk19, Mar 22, 2009.

1. 8MORE

8MORE MassCops Angel

Rest in peace Officers.

2. EBPD240

EBPD240 New Member

3. jettsixx

jettsixx Had enough

4. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I thought the same damn thing. I'm sure some will use it as an excuse, but I think that pondscum was just another loser who didn't want to go back to jail.

After watching that video, I wanted to hug that woman. She really DOES get it.

To our Brothers and Sisters in Oakland, We're with you and you're in our prayers.

To our fallen Bretheren out there, Go with God, you've earned your rest.

5. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

RIP brothers:

"In valor there is hope"

6. Andy0921

Andy0921 MassCops Member

Truly heartrending...RIP, brothers.

7. honor12900

honor12900 MassCops Member

This incident makes me sick. RIP.

8. RCPD33

RCPD33 Subscribing Member

RIP fallen brothers, fallen heros.

9. Tango

Tango Subscribing Member

wow...we just never know do we? Thoughts and prayers with OPD.

10. EBostonBP

EBostonBP MassCops Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Oakland Police Dept. and the family and friends of the fallen sergeants. May they be remembered as heroes. RIP.

11. Mad-Dog24

Mad-Dog24 MassCops Member

Oakland is still a hell hole that spawns shitbags like this. Glad he is dead. Don't think it is going to be a good day to be a bad guy in Oakland for a long long time. Go slow brothers. RIP. God Bless the Oakland PD and their families. Fuck the scumbag and the family that shat him out.

12. JMB1977

JMB1977 New Member

RIP Brothers

13. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Police: Fourth Oakland police officer has died

4 mins ago

OAKLAND, Calif. – Police say the fourth Oakland police officer shot on Saturday has died at a city hospital.
    Oakland police spokesman Jeff Thomason says 41-year-old Officer John Hege died Sunday at Highland Hospital after being gravely wounded during a traffic stop.
    Authorities say a 26-year-old parolee opened fire on Hege and 40-year-old Sgt. Mark Dunakin after they pulled him over around 1 p.m. on Saturday, killing Dunakin.
    Suspect Lovelle Mixon was slain later that afternoon in a gunfight with police that left two more officers dead. Thomason identified those officers as 43-year-old Sgt. Ervin Romans and 35-year-old Sgt. Daniel Sakai.
    Police say the officers' deaths were the most ever in a single day in the department's history.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

Police officers killed in Oakland shootings

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sun Mar 22, 2:48 PM ET

1 of 22 Next

Four bouquets of flowers are placed at a memorial inside the lobby of the Oakland Police headquarters March 21, 2009 in Oakland, California. Three police officers were fatally shot and two others wounded late Saturday by a suspect who was later killed in a shootout with police in the northern Californian city of Oakland.
    (AFP/Getty Images/File/Justin Sullivan)

[​IMG]

Play Video ABC News
    – Tragic Day for Oakland Cops

OAKLAND, Calif. – The family of the man labeled the killer of three police officers in Oakland, Calif., is defending the 26-year-old parolee who also was slain.
    Authorities in Oakland say suspect Lovelle Mixon was slain in a gunfight with police in which two officers were killed Saturday. Police said another officer was fatally shot earlier in the day and a fourth was gravely wounded after the two of them pulled Mixon over for a traffic stop.
    A cousin of Mixon said Sunday that he was "not a monster."
    Twenty-eight-year-old LaTasha Mixon of Sacramento also said her family's prayers were with the slain officers' relatives.
    California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Sunday ordered flags at the state capitol flown at half-staff in honor of the slain officers

Police: Fourth Oakland police officer has died

14. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

15. Deputydog522

Deputydog522 MassCops Member

RIP Brothers

16. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

R.I.P

Police Officer's Prayer to St. Michael

Saint Michael, heaven's glorious commissioner of police,
    who once so neatly and successfully cleared God's premises
    of all its undesirables, look with kindly and professional
    eyes on your earthly force.

Give us cool heads, stout hearts, and uncanny flair for
    investigation and wise judgement.

Make us the terror of burglars, the friend of children and
    law-abiding citizens, kind to strangers, polite to bores,
    strict with law-breakers and impervious to temptations.

You know, Saint Michael, from your own experiences
    with the devil that the police officer's lot on earth is not
    always a happy one; but your sense of duty that so
    pleased God, your hard knocks that so surprised the
    devil, and your angelic self-control give us inspiration.

And when we lay down our night sticks, enroll us in your
    heavenly force, where we will be as proud to guard the
    throne of God as we have been to guard the city of all
    the people. Amen.

17. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

The Police were indeed taunted according to the news reports. If I had to take a wild guess the taunts were from people living in a lower class neighborhood, with generation after generation living off of welfare, SSI etc etc. To them the Police are the bad guys and they blame us for everything wrong in their lives. I am sure the rap music was playing etc. Fuc*ing dirtbags. RIP Officers, you are truly heroes. God bless the 4 of you and your families, your in a better place.......

18. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

And Obama signs everywhere.

19. WFDLt.

WFDLt. New Member

I just saw this story online and wanted to come on and give my condolences. Such a terrible story. May your brother officers Rest In Peace. You guys stay safe out there.

20. Pats2009

Pats2009 New Member

RIP to the Oakland PD Officers and prayers and thoughts to their families and department. This is a terrible reminder of the dangers of the job. The AP described it as a routine traffic stop....there is no routine traffic stop.

21. BB-59

BB-59 New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with the officers and their families.

22. trueblue

trueblue MassCops Member

RIP, You will not be forgotten.

23. jyanis

jyanis MassCops Member

You are all in my heart and prayers! May St. Michael take care of you now!

Remain vigilant out there! Never get comfortable!!

24. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

You're right cousin, he was a goddamn maggoty ass piece of shit, and if there is a God in Heaven I hope Mixon is sitting in hell next to the devil, smoking a turd!

25. dcs2244

dcs2244 Moderator Staff Member

R.I.P.

Having said that, and given the prevailing 'political' atmosphere in America, I believe this is merely a 'preview of coming attractions.' Keep your wits about you and your patrol rifle (issued or not) close at hand. :-k

G_D Bless.