Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A New York priest hours away from going to trial in Boston for child rape changed his plea to guilty yesterday, to the relief of three victims who were ready to tell their tortured stories, prosecutors said.
"I think he realized we weren't going to back down," said Assistant District Attorney Leora Joseph, chief of Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley's child protection unit. "The victims were all in the building, they were ready to testify. They came from New York. I think he knew we weren't bluffing."
Frank Genevieve, 52, formerly of an Albany, N.Y., parish, pleaded guilty to five counts of statutory rape. Between 1977 and 1989, Genevieve drove boys in their early teens to Boston for field trips and overnight hotel stays, prosecutors said. Genevieve was handed a suspended jail sentence of 8 to 10 years. He was ordered to register as a sex offender and wear an electronic monitoring bracelet. He has also been barred from contact with minors.
Joseph said one victim told Genevieve in court: "You have to face up to what you did. I'm glad that it's over. You should think about the things you've done to people."

http://bostonherald.com/news/region..._priest_owns_up_to_raping_children_in_Boston/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts