Ford Motor Company Ready to Make Amends for Carbon Monoxide Leaks | MassCops

Ford Motor Company Ready to Make Amends for Carbon Monoxide Leaks

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by kwflatbed, Jul 29, 2017.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Law Enforcement Today
    48 mins·
    Ford said it will cover the costs of specific repairs in every Police Interceptor Explorer SUVs that may be tied to after-market installation of police equipment.
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/ford-make-amends-carbon…

[​IMG]

Ford Motor Company Ready to Make Amends for Carbon Monoxide Leaks

Ford Motor Company said it will pay to repair police versions of Ford Explorer SUVs to correct possible carbon monoxide leaks that may be linked to crashes.
    LAWENFORCEMENTTODAY.COM

2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

This is the first I have heard of cracked manifolds. Most police cars will have holes drilled through some part of the floor pan and that part of the article is super vague. Hopefully more info will be released next week.

3. kwflatbed

4. kwflatbed

5. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

Every cruiser needs one of these.
    It's dangerous enough. IMG_20170802_152953220.jpg

Danusmc0321 likes this.
  6. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

In an effort to make amends, Ford Motor Company has dispensed dozens...no HUNDREDS of "Christmas Trees" to PD's throughout the nation. Said spokesman, Hyram Fuquem, "Well, we saw how effective they were in the movie "Se7en" so we figured that the cops would appreciate them whenever they felt faint. They are a kind of rejuvenator, wouldn't you agree? Yes, yes you would. Pine Only. Vanillaroma proved too ineffective."

7. kwflatbed

8. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

This is been an issue with the SUV's. They had a recall (to mhq, on my job anyway) on the 2012-2014's, a lot of guys were complaining about smelling exhaust in the car, and it was the cracked manifolds. This isn't new to Ford, and the Auburn cop isn't the first to pass out behind the wheel from CO in the SUV. I would like to know what year the Auburn cruisers were, because I thought they took care of this in the newer models.

9. Oakum yokum

Oakum yokum MassCops Member

We just had one of our older ones done. Converters we're burned out, they fixed manifold too.

10. kwflatbed

11. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Whew. We only have one, so far. Well, one that counts.