Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what cities/towns remove the AM/FM radio from the cruisers. The small town that I worked for along with the small surrounding towns, all still had the am/fm radio installed. Any opinions on it would be great as well.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I think you might be better off asking who DOES remove them. Most of the departments around me don't remove them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gil @ Thu 09 Dec said:
I think you might be better off asking who DOES remove them. Most of the departments around me don't remove them.
Good point.

Ok so who doesn't have AM/FM in their cruisers?

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
The radio in our cruiser works great. It also helps that it was the Fmr shif supervisor car ;-) so it wasn't beat on all day every day.

Scott :santa: Ho Ho Ho Mother F'er!!!

·
1,334 Posts
We have the stock AM/FM radio, although a CD (or even tape player) would be nice. I am just glad if all the lights work and the car hasn't burned through all the oil when I come in :roll:.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm happily fighting crime in my NEW '05 C/V. Just the right amount of options-ABS, 3.27 Traction-Loc, etc. Ford is the Daddy when it comes to Police Packages-no one else comes close! (Just wish the POS female drunk didn't go mental in the back seat the other night!!! Tried to damage the equipment back there-no luck! I had the last laugh...-NUFF SAID!!!) :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
VOR..

You are correct... Radio delete is standard in the '05 Fords. And I'll thank Ford for mounting the AM/FM antennae on the rear quarter. I have a feeling mine will be replaced with a coat hanger before my cruiser is retired!

G

·
The federal cruisers have the AM/FM radios and tape decks in the Chevy Impalas, they just forgot to install the police radios!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here we have AM/FM CD players in our cruisers, our laptops have internet capability, and I am adding sirius satalite radio this month to my cruiser

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
RPD931 @ Fri 10 Dec said:
I know Boston PD cruisers do not have (AM/FM) Radios... unless it has changed.
No they don't have them because they have that Data 911 computer screen mounted on the dash right there.

Scott :santa:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts