Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please join us in this FLY THE FLAG campaign and PLEASE forward this to everyone in your E-Mail listing and ask them to also forward it. We have two weeks to get the word out all across this great land and into every community in the United States of America.

THE PROGRAM:

On Thursday, September 11th, 2008, an American flag should be displayed at half mast outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States. Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this seventh anniversary of one our country's worst tragedies. We do this honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Action Plan:

So, here's what we need you to do ..

(1) Forward this to everyone on your E-Mail listing. Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you.

(2) Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11 at half mast. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if not, then at least make it a priority on 9/11.

For all the information that one could want about the American flag, go to the following website:

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#q09

For your information, I proudly display my American flag 24/7 with proper illumination at night.

GOD bless you and yours and GOD bless America.
Harry

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11 at half mast.
Will do.
Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if not, then at least make it a priority on 9/11.
Already do. (Illuminated after dusk of course.) With the POW\MIA flag right underneath...

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
I fly my flag 365 days a year (366) in a leap.

It should not have to take a tragic date in history to make someone fly old glory, nor a particular holiday. It should be flown every day!

Either way Good post Harry.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Im sure most people here do, but good point cjis...We are losing our heritage as Americans inch by inch ..sooner or later they wont let us fly our flags....Nothing pisses me off more than people that come from another country and drive around with there flags..if your Country is so great go the fuck back....But by the same token I love when foreigners come here and show love for the greatest Country in the world by flying and American flag...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts