Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year a Hampton, NH Police officer, Alex Reno, was on a bridge during a car check when he was struck by lightning. Luckily he was only shaken, even though he was blown off his feet.

More recently a Pennsylvania officer survived a lightning strike. Now comes another report which should be noted by those of us who would be out there in the elements when most are secure in their houses or cars.

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. --
A Florida Highway Patrol trooper is recovering after being struck by lightning at the scene of a crash in Palm Beach County.According to an FHP report released Monday, Trooper Garfield Johnson was investigating a crash on Interstate 95 Sunday night when he was struck. Johnson was able to radio for help and Boynton Beach Fire Rescue responded to the scene to take him to a hospital.
Johnson and two victims from the crash scene were treated at the hospital and later released.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
No doubt, after walking out of a sub-stations the other day I came the closest I have ever come to getting hit. The people driving by got a good laugh at me ducking for cover.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts