Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the best police departments to work for in southeast florida that are not super high crime ridden? from my research so far it looks like port saint lucie and coral springs.

G

·
what are the best police departments to work for in southeast florida that are not super high crime ridden? from my research so far it looks like port saint lucie and coral springs.
If you're already looking for places which are "safe" and aren't busy, you might as well hang it up now. I'm in year 20 and still love it when it's busy.

·
Subscribing Member
3,238 Posts
what are the best police departments to work for in southeast florida that are not super high crime ridden?
None!!! There are a few intercoastal PD's with low crime rates, but unless you like working with the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" crowd, they are very boring places to work. If you want to be a COP, you'll find there are a lot of plenty of agencies to choose from where you can have a very rewarding career in law enforcement.

Southeast Florida is a busy place to work regardless of the agency you choose. There are many good agencies to work for, but if you plan on relocating here, be prepared to work for a living. The experience you'll receive will be life changing. It can be a great place to live and work.

If you're already looking for places which are "safe" and aren't busy, you might as well hang it up now.
If thats your attitude, maybe So Fla isn't for you.

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
J5,

There are obvious excetpions, but the the further south you go, the busier, and subsequently, more dangerous your job is going to be. This job is dangerous regardless of where you work. You will gain more experience and subsequently be a better cop spending some time in a busy metropolitan area. I am far ahead of people from the same academy class from spending time here in Orlando, compared to those who were assigned their first spots in rural north Florida.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Florida LEO's have a busy gig but if your a good/ smart officer you shouldn't have too much to worry about... Broward County pays very well and those guys are some of the most respected down there.

Look at it this way, there's so many police/sheriff departments down there, you pretty much always have adequate back up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts