Fleet for Sale | MassCops

Fleet for Sale

Discussion in 'Police Duty Gear For Sale / Wanted' started by Kilvinsky, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Anyone want a fleet of Ford Fusions? I'm not authorized to sell them, but I know there won't be a single patrolman who will turn me in if I sell all 8. I'll even throw a Ford Transit in for free! $5,000 or best offer. They're only about a year old and none have more than 12,000 miles!

HoneyBadger1 and Goose like this.
  2. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Don't sell them next meet and greet we'll do a demolition derby

USMCMP5811, pahapoika, Tuna and 2 others like this.
  3. dano448

dano448 Supporting Member

Experiment failed?

4. Truck

Truck MassCops Member

Who didn't see that coming. Some idiot is always looking to save money I remember in the mid 80's a commander thought we could save money by buying Ford Fairmounts.
    Had a pursuit of a VW Beetle and could not keep up.

USMCMP5811 and pahapoika like this.
  5. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Send them to Devens for EVOC

USMCMP5811, pahapoika and frank like this.
  6. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

I would imagine things getting tight quickly in those tiny cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

History repeats itself ?

[​IMG]

Mr Scribbles likes this.
  8. dano448

dano448 Supporting Member

The Ford LTD 2 comes to mind!

9. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Kliv...I will trade you our Hyundai, Nissan and Mazda for your Fords. Do we need to keep the light packages or do you need them.

pahapoika likes this.
  10. pahapoika

better keep those red lights. nobody will pull over for the fire chief up here :D

11. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Our lights are now like a mullet, buisness up front (red) and party in the rear (blue). We are getting there.

pahapoika likes this.
  12. Kilvinsky

Months have gone by. I had forgotten I even posted that until a sgt. of mine brought it up. I have no idea how he found a post from way back in December and I'm trying to figure out how I missed all these great replies. All I can guess is, I was tired, had done a little imbibing, posted and forgot.

Well, we still got 'em. No serious takers.

The reason we got them in the first place is they are hybrids and someone bought them for the department to be 'green'. I have to admit, they're not the worst car in the world and once I'm actually IN the car, I'm comfortable. It's getting in and out that sucks eggs. The screen for a dash isn't my favorite either. When we still had Sirius it was fun, but with that gone, who gives a crap. Basic AM/FM radio is fine (I recall when cruisers had AM and you were damn glad of it) but instead of just hitting buttons, you have to hit a screen and sometimes nearly have to break your finger hitting that screen for it to sense your touch. Plus, think of all the people with colds who have had to do the same thing!

Again, it's not the worst car but the vast majority of the people I work with would be tickled pink to get rid of them. The two primary standing opinions, a) I wouldn't mind one for my own car, but for a cruiser, it sucks. b) It sucks.

I'll take it over Japanese cars though, thanks for that input BxD! Yuck! It's like TREASON to buy them, even though so many are made here now. Like when a number of departments in years gone by bought Volvos or some toyed with Mercedes-Benz (Quincy!) BUY AMERICAN (Canadian/Mexican) or don't buy at all!

One last thing, we still have the Transit, but it became clear that none of the sergeants would voluntarily drive it (make that VERY FEW) so they stripped off the markings and it's now used by our sworn IT guy.

13. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

You have a sworn IT guy? I've always wanted to be an IT guy...

While commercials are a pain in the ass when you are trying to stay awake and jam out in the car, I have you beat...the place I used to work only got two FM stations.

One was rap and the other was country.

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 jigawatts

14. Kilvinsky

I'd be happy with the country station (though a lot of current stuff is, eh, so so at best) but unless the rap station played only Beasty Boys, House of Pain, Run DMC and a few other OLD SCHOOL rap artists, I'd switch very quickly to a.m. on the dial.

Yes, a sworn IT guy. He's a wiz with computers so they created a job for him. Aside from details and occasionally working big events manning the mobile command center, he never wears a uniform.

BxDetSgt likes this.
  15. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Here ya go Kilv

16. pahapoika

Just remember the cops complaining the headgaskets were blowing on the strait 6 and they were dogs compared to the V-8.

Of course civil servants have never been known to treat stuff very well :p

Think the weirdest car was the old AMC Matadors

17. Dan Stark

Dan Stark Tears of a Clown

Your Union didn't shit about a position being made for a specific guy? Mine will grieve anything not handed to senior guy on silver platter....

18. Kilvinsky

Long story. We did pitch a bitch but not formally. He does a pretty decent job and definitely knows his way around a computer, so for a few reasons, we've not made a big fuss. Again, LONG story.

19. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Sounds like he's a good guy then that helps you guys a lot, everyone trusts him, and it all works in everyones favor then. :)

Sent from my flux capacitor using 1.21 jigawatts

20. Kilvinsky

yes-:)

that works. I know I like him!

21. grn3charlie

grn3charlie Yeah, THAT GUY!

Liar, you don't like anybody. ;)

pahapoika likes this.
  22. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Can we work a trade for the new BPD Chevy's??
    For the more "full figured" officers, they are cramped at best. Poorly set up, too!
    Need to engage kill switch with left hand, then shift into gear from the console with right hand, being careful not to smash said right hand an the MDT which hovers over the console like a UFO at Area 51. If you manage, you can leave the lot. If it's snowing, 3 calls qualify you for a spot on the US Olympic Bobsled Team. If you are assigned to a 1 man car it's bearable, but with a partner, one/both of you are going to be sore the next tour. Either from smashing your hand on the MDT while shifting, or banging your hip and knee off the adjusted MDT in the observers berth. They must have sent a %^$#@ midget to look at these things, a midget who looked at the $$$ and didn't give a crap guys would be spending 8 hours (ahem!) in them. Guess the point's moot, because with the new computer system they claim to be introducing, reports will take the average sausage fingered patrolman about three hours to finish.

Kilvinsky and militia_man like this.
  23. Kilvinsky

We had outdated computers. The new cars don't have one but word on the street is, new ones are coming. I'd be tickled pink NOT to get one, I don't need it. We found that out with the old ones. We really didn't use them a lot because we often found it difficult to find somewhere that they could receive a signal. When you don't have something, then you DO have something but can't use it, so you DON'T use it, you discover just how unimportant it really was in the first place.

24. HoneyBadger1

HoneyBadger1 MassCops Member

Work for Havard......?