Fitch. State Univ. Mptc certificate | Page 2 | MassCops

Fitch. State Univ. Mptc certificate

Discussion in 'MPTC' started by samadam78, Apr 9, 2015.

1. TacEntry

TacEntry MassCops Member

At its core - this is simple:

Government saves money, (PDs & towns not paying for academy) candidate spends money.

zm88, mpd61, Kilvinsky and 2 others like this.
  2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Shit, thanks for putting THAT thought in my head. I may not sleep toda.....................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Really though, SHIT!

BxDetSgt and pahapoika like this.
  3. Edmizer1

Edmizer1 MassCops Member

There will still end up being a two-tiered system. I have friends in TX where every kid that wants to be a cop picks up their basic peace officer certificate from the local community college right after high school. Although it is the minimum license to be a peace officer, most larger agencies won't accept it and make you attend their real academy. Although you may never get a police job, all you need is a pulse to get "certified". My friends tell me that it is common that most graduates of real academies in TX already have their state peace officer license, its just that their hiring agency doesn't accept it.

4. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

That would be a complete change of the current mass system... With this being a mptc recognized certification these graduates can walk on the job the day after graduation.... Im curious as to transering out of state and the recognition outside of mass if the student cant get hired... Also does is it only valid for a few years and then the student has to do the academy again if they arent hired? Also where is the discipline aspect of the academy the "getting squared" away part....

zm88 likes this.
  5. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

Gangbangers and criminals are NOT going to be spending time and money on something like this. Too much honest effort involved in the first place. Secondly they won't be admitted to the program anyways. Stay tuned..