Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
Used to be a police department. I went through the FT academy with the then Chief and he was going to send everyone to the FT academy after him. They were armed, carried Glocks, sharp uniforms. After graduation a few of the officers tried to go union, the administration got rid of everyone and went to security again.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i noticed that they say you needed a class A LTC but no where on the web site does it say anything about carrying or being police but still need sspo training hmmmm.......

·
Registered
154 Posts
Used to be a police department. I went through the FT academy with the then Chief and he was going to send everyone to the FT academy after him. They were armed, carried Glocks, sharp uniforms. After graduation a few of the officers tried to go union, the administration got rid of everyone and went to security again.
I was one of those guys. I got porked after I went for my medical for the ft academy. They decided that they were not going to send me and then stuck me with the medical bill. There were MANY reasons why we tried to go union. When your break room is a dingy closet and you have paint chips falling off the ceiling in to your lunch or you can see your breathe when sitting at the front desk during the winter and you complain and complain and nothing gets done... then you start thinking union.I had uniform pants rip wide open and I was told to sew them back up. I was there for a little over 2 years and I never recieved new uniforms besides the 3 shirts and 3 pants I was initally issued. I also had to drive the baseball team to their practices daily. There are no patrol cars and the campus consists of 1 block on Beacon st. I think they just recently got the campus police title back but they will never be armed again. The board of trustees will NEVER allow it. Think of a building security job with Pinkerton where you sit at a front desk and do access control all shift long and that will paint a perfect picture of what working at Fisher College is like.
Would you agree John?

·
Subscribing Member
312 Posts
Wannabe1 @ 16 Oct 2004 10:48 said:
Would you agree John?
I believe you left out a few important facts:
1- Half of the officers had criminal records, I hear that one of the current supervisors did 10 years for trafficking.

2- Officers used to smoke weed with the students

3- One officer used to buy drugs off of students

4- Another officer stole thousands of dollars from the housing office

5- For six months after the Chief was gone the department was run flawlessly by one of the Sergeants until a Human resources person with no police / security experience was appointed ":Acting Chief" while still working in HR.

Reasons why officers tried to get a Union:

1- No pay raises for three years
2- No replacement uniforms EVER
3- Never issued a Winter jacket yet we were ordered to have an officer posted outside AT ALL TIMES and were not allowed to wear our own jackets unless we had a patch put on.
4- No heat during winter months
5- Not allowed to eat in cafeteria even though all other employees could.
6- Break room was the size of a closet, doubled as a locker room, and was infested with mice and bugs.
7- They would not pay for in-service training
8- Striped officers of their firearms, months after a shooting.
9- When officers were first hired they were told that they needed to go and purchase their own firearm.
10- Would not provide vests for officers.
11- When an officer was promoted they had to purchase their own new badge.

Did I leave anything out Wannabe1?

Now I am only stating how things were when I was employed there a few years ago. I hear they have a new Chief and that he is trying to make changes for the better.

·
Subscribing Member
453 Posts
Damn....That place sounded like a disaster waiting to happen...You guys must of been glad to get out of that place....New Chief will have his work cut out for him....

·
Registered
154 Posts
John J,

What about:

1.) Parking the Trustees cars for them.
2.) Scott Fisher throwing his keys at us saying "Take care of it."
3.) Absolutely no screening process or qualifications required.
4.) Driving various employees to pick up their cars from garages after they had work done on them.
5.) MAKING us go OFF property to deal with none students that were at various parts of Beacon St.

I know their are others but I am too tired to think of them.

Yes, I am happy as a pig in sh*t to be out of that hell hole. :D

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
If Wannabe & John J were only a third accurate, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were 100% accurate;
the last thing the Fisher officers should be issued are firearms... :?
Consider it a blessing...

·
Subscribing Member
312 Posts
Holysh*t Wannabe,
I forgot carrying luggage up 7 flights of stairs for students if they moved in after the official move in day. That sure is real police work.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Holysh*t Wannabe,
I forgot carrying luggage up 7 flights of stairs for students if they moved in after the official move in day. That sure is real police work.
HAHA damn I forgot about that. How about driving the shuttle van during those big days? wow this thread reminds of just how much I hated that place and how depressed i was working there!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wannabe1 @ 16 Oct 2004 10:48 said:
Would you agree John?
I believe you left out a few important facts:
1- Half of the officers had criminal records, I hear that one of the current supervisors did 10 years for trafficking.

2- Officers used to smoke weed with the students

3- One officer used to buy drugs off of students

4- Another officer stole thousands of dollars from the housing office

5- For six months after the Chief was gone the department was run flawlessly by one of the Sergeants until a Human resources person with no police / security experience was appointed ":Acting Chief" while still working in HR.

Reasons why officers tried to get a Union:

1- No pay raises for three years
2- No replacement uniforms EVER
3- Never issued a Winter jacket yet we were ordered to have an officer posted outside AT ALL TIMES and were not allowed to wear our own jackets unless we had a patch put on.
4- No heat during winter months
5- Not allowed to eat in cafeteria even though all other employees could.
6- Break room was the size of a closet, doubled as a locker room, and was infested with mice and bugs.
7- They would not pay for in-service training
8- Striped officers of their firearms, months after a shooting.
9- When officers were first hired they were told that they needed to go and purchase their own firearm.
10- Would not provide vests for officers.
11- When an officer was promoted they had to purchase their own new badge.

Did I leave anything out Wannabe1?

Now I am only stating how things were when I was employed there a few years ago. I hear they have a new Chief and that he is trying to make changes for the better.[/quote

Wow...sounds great where do I sign up!!!!!]

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey John and wannabe...

When/how long ago did you guys work there??

When did they lose their weapons??

who's the chief now... roberta??

Posted Mon October 18, 2004 4:48 am:

hey John and wannabe...

When/how long ago did you guys work there??

When did they lose their weapons??

who's the chief now... roberta??

Also..what year was that shooting?? 2001???

"SSPO MAKE A HOLE"

Posted Wed October 20, 2004 5:22 am:

So who's the new chief there anyway???

Is Chris Sr still running the show or did Jr. come back from Sabatical???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah, the memories. Reading the postings by John J and Wannabe brings them all back. Like the memory of the last time I defecated in my draws while trying to fart. Though I am not proud of it, it happened and I can never completely erase it from my memory. Same applys to my time on the Fisher College Police Department. I can vouch for everything John J and Wannabe said as being 100% true and I have a few of my own memories.

1. Flapping up the collar of my jacket to cover my neck, curling into the fetal position for warmth, and dreaming of how good it was going to feel to get into my warm bed and stay there all day. The school didn’t think it was worth the cost to heat the campus police desk in the winter, but then again, half the students didn’t have heat in their dorm rooms. I remember the administration telling them they were welcome to sleep on the auditorium floor for warmth one night.

2. Mice everywhere. Walking all over the campus police desk, break room, student dorms rooms, and walking freely with no anxiety at all from interaction with human beings.

3. Rats. Only foot chase I ever saw during my time there was an officer, with no law enforcement training in his life, addicted to speed, wearing stripes chasing a rat down a hall way.

4. Taking a report from a girl who told me her roommate’s ex boyfriend had barged into their dorm room punched her roommate in the face and physically dragged her off campus back to Northeastern where he was a student. After calling NUPD and informing them of what happened, they showed up 20 minutes later with the suspect in custody. My sergeant and I were now faced with a new problem. For months now the school refused to renew our arrest powers with the Sheriff’s Department. Even though they mandated in a memo that we continue to wear our police uniforms. Long story short we tried to persuade NUPD to make the arrest with out tipping them off that we were nothing more than stooges. Fools masquerading in police uniforms with no lawful authority. They rightfully told us it was our arrest and the suspect was released.

5. Having no money to pay my bills.

6. Wearing the same uniform everyday. You were issued two a long sleeve and a short sleeve.

7. Officers that did more drugs than students.

8. Officers sharing E tabs with students.

9. Always refill the paper in the printer before you BOP a Fisher College “Police Officer”.

10. Complete disgrace to law enforcement.

Anyone thinking of going there should take this wisdom with them and use it as an opportunity to get the word police on your resume. Then use your law enforcement training (if you have any) and bring some integrity to the department and get your ass out forth with. Find something better for yourself and good luck. Having taken this time to reflect upon my time at Fisher makes me realize one thing. Sharting my pants wasn't really that bad.

·
MassCops Member
134 Posts
Ah, the memories. Reading the postings by John J and Wannabe brings them all back. Like the memory of the last time I defecated in my draws while trying to fart. Though I am not proud of it, it happened and I can never completely erase it from my memory. Same applys to my time on the Fisher College Police Department. I can vouch for everything John J and Wannabe said as being 100% true and I have a few of my own memories

That may be the funniest f_cking line I have ever read. Only someone who has worked for a shithole campus PD could truly understand. Thanks for the laugh!!!

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
The ad says Class A is a requirement, and you need to be qualified as an SSPO. And one of the postings is for a "Police Sergeant." That leads me to believe that the term "Police Sergeant" is probably title only, but the class A thing? Are you sure they arent (are are going to be) armed?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.