Firearms Qualification Help | MassCops

Firearms Qualification Help

Discussion in 'Training Classes and Course Information' started by Cloverleaf Firearms Group, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Cloverleaf Firearms Group

Cloverleaf Firearms Group MassCops Member

If anyone trying to get on the job is having difficulty with the qual course, or new to shooting, give me a call. I recently worked with a MC poster who was stumbling a bit. We worked for 3 hours about 10 days before qual... and I got word he got a 98 on his re-qual (his co-worker I taught also got a 98)

[​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Firearms Group

Bump. As we're heading into spring (hopefully), I'll be getting back into swing of things at the range. If you have some skill-sets you want to polish up, or just hate having to qualify, I can help. Shoot me a message here or e-mail [email protected]

Stay safe.

Joel98 likes this.
  3. Cloverleaf Firearms Group

Bump. If you've got Quals coming up, and you're not feeling that confident, send me an e-mail. Booking private lessons/coaching now that we're into decent weather. 508-319-9445 or [email protected]
    [​IMG]

;)

4. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

Thats a beautiful group! Now try that from the fifteen yahhhhhd line!

5. Cloverleaf Firearms Group

How about the 15, 20, and 25? ;) Strong and Weak hand cool with ya?

mtc and Goose like this.
  6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Alright... Now do it blindfolded, facing backwards, with a mirror.

Muthafucka will still gong the damn steel... Lol

7. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

You running an aftermarket barrel? I just had S&W replace my barrel because it wasn't as accurate as my department issued Glock...then I realized it was probably because I was using plated bullets. ;)

8. Cloverleaf Firearms Group

I think the older 9s had barrel issues. iirc, there was a twist rate issue they (ppossibly) resolved?

iI'm running a Storm Lake barrel, but was shooting Perfecta 9mm garbage here. My department M&P 45c is a tack driver with factory barrel, and we shoot berrys plated reloads.

9. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Saw this thread title and was going to reply..duh Cloverleaf because it looked like a question. Dope slapped myself, Stu KNOWS his shit, if you get to watch him shoot....wear Depends.

10. Cloverleaf Firearms Group

I only post shit to back up what I talk about. I'm really not a 'hey look at me type of person', but you know me offline anyways. I do the media stuff and compete to support my business. I try to practice what I preach.

I think LE firearms standards and training is weak at best. I set the bar high for my guys on my department, and for the people I teach. 25 yards is where I prefer to set accuracy standards for the folks that I teach and train with. Set the bar as high as possible, and then 10 yard targets seem like giant bobble heads. Mediocre competition shooters laugh at the MPTC qual when I show it to them, but I understand why it's the way it is. I bust my ass so that I understand what it takes to develop accuracy and speed under pressure, and then try to translate what it takes for clients. I can't look at myself in the mirror if I don't get people marked improvements. Your life may depend on that skill-set someday, and I take that shit serious.

@Hush Thanks bro.

GARDA and LawMan3 like this.
  11. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

Depends on what state you're in.

12. Cloverleaf Firearms Group

To a degree. Anytime you create standards for a large group of people, they drift towards lowest common denominator. I was speaking about Mass in particular. The only qual course Ive seen that I was impressed with was FAMS.

13. Pvt. Cowboy

Those guys can shoot.

They qual doing the triple nickle.

5 targets at 5 yards. Two rounds per target, reload after target 4, under 5 seconds.

14. Cloverleaf Firearms Group

Pvt. Cowboy likes this.
  15. Pvt. Cowboy