Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a sks that came with one 10 round removable magazine from what I've seen on the inventory for local gun shops these mags aren't that common in mass but theres a website that sells10 round magazines for sks online but this is my first fire are and I'm curious if it's legal to have magazines shipped to home addresses or do I have to got through a ffl I don't want to break any laws and could use some help

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,540 Posts
I'm glad I read this post first. I had a flashback to when the Postal Inspectors and ATF came to my door about my subscriptions to Guns and Ammo, Field and Stream and my NRA literature.

Reactions: Tuna and pahapoika

·
Get off my lawn!
3,794 Posts
I recently bought a sks that came with one 10 round removable magazine from what I've seen on the inventory for local gun shops these mags aren't that common in mass but theres a website that sells10 round magazines for sks online but this is my first fire are and I'm curious if it's legal to have magazines shipped to home addresses or do I have to got through a ffl I don't want to break any laws and could use some help
In our fine Commonwealth it is illegal to possess magazines of over 10 rounds capacity. Pre-ban magazines manufactured before September 13, 1994 are exempt from this restriction.

There is still some pre-ban mags out there they are going to cost you. Try armslist.com you can search by state.

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
Am I missing something here ?

Thought the SKS had a fixed magazine ?

Anyways, yeah stand by for the nonsense.
I've seen AR mags that look like Vietnam era going decent money.

Must be paying for the "patina" :rolleyes:

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,775 Posts
SKS 10 round magazine purchased online?
Good to go all day long..........Totally legal to own/possess. Now the real question is will the seller actually ship to you here in Mass, without having a nervous breakdown. See many, many national purveyors of otherwise legal gun parts and magazines are either scared, or too tired of trying to figure out whats Mass "legal" or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SKS 10 round magazine purchased online?
Good to go all day long..........Totally legal to own/possess. Now the real question is will the seller actually ship to you here in Mass, without having a nervous breakdown. See many, many national purveyors of otherwise legal gun parts and magazines are either scared, or too tired of trying to figure out whats Mass "legal" or not.
Well the good thing is I'm not in a rush to get more mags at the moment since I'm going to switch out the stock no way I'm firing it with this ATI stock on it *Edit the name of the website is gun mag warehouse

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts