Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has been honored with the task of doing a Final Dispatch for an officer who passed away a few days ago.

My questiosn are these. Has anyone every done a Final Dispatch for a fallen officer, firefighter, EMT or dispatcher? If so, What was said and how was it done?

Jeremie

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basicaly it is a dispatch from the Communications center to honor the LODD police officer, firefighter, emt or dispatcher.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry I have just never heard of this, can you explain further. Sorry I am sure I must seem like a dope. Is it like a eulogy over the radio???

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No reason to feel like a dope. It seems that it is not done much around here. Let me find some examples and I will post them here.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I heard one once a few years ago. IT was on tv,however it sounded real nice.
It went something like this.... They called out to the officer...
Dispatch to unit 45 Dispatch to unit 45 they then said Unit 45 Officer "Doe" Is 10-7 forever--- Bless our fallen brother may he rest in peace.
It was something very close to that. it was very respectful i wish they were done more around here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's the way it is usually done. Then a Sgt or Cmdr. will key up and say Ofc Smith is 10-42 (Off Duty). Then that's it. But of course you have discretion to say anything you want. Usually it's nothing fancy like a eulogy, to long and not enough time to say something that long.

·
Registered
157 Posts
On my previous job as a dispatcher we did something like this for an officer that had to retire early, fighting terminal cancer. He was assigned to the midnight shift, one of his closer friends from the shift went to his house around 0100 to pick up his assigned portable. The retiree then called "portable #xxx going off the air". Everyone from the shift wished him the best and said farewell, finishing with the Watch Commander. It was definitely a nice touch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.