Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two St. Louis radio personalities suspended over comments about fighting police
The Associated Press

ST. LOUIS- Two hip-hop radio personalities have been suspended for an on-air discussion of ways to fight police officers - comments made not long after an officer was slain.

Officials at KATZ-FM would not detail the comments, but said the remarks made on Wednesday related to ways to hurt or disarm police officers.

The two suspended disc jockeys, whose professional names are DJ Kaos and DJ Sylli Asz, were discussing with callers on their morning show how to fight for an officer's radio so he or she cannot call for help, the station said.

Lee Clear, general manager of the station, apologized for the comments, calling them "entirely inappropriate."

The radio personalities, whose real names were not immediately available, also apologized.

Clear noted that the station's owner, Clear Channel Communications, had just used its stations to ask the public for information to help find the killer of Sgt. William McEntee, who was fatally shot July 5 in the St. Louis suburb of Kirkwood. A suspect has been arrested.

"We just buried an officer last week," St. Louis Police Chief Joe Mokwa said. "Nobody wants to hear some comic remark about disarming a police officer and taking their radio away so they can't get help. That was outrageous."

·
Registered
429 Posts
All for free speech. But it always comes with moral responsibility. It's not a crime to be a butthead unfortunately, but hopefully the St.Louis radio listeners can make their opinions heard as loudly as the morons behind the microphone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Call me crazy (or maybe just racist), but is it any surprise that this took place on a hip-hop station?

G-G-G-G-G-G-Unit :x

·
1,334 Posts
Most of the DJ's I have heard (in this area) are generally pro-police or when the listeners call in bashing officers stop them in their tracks, atleast on the air that is what it seems. The idiots out there disrespectful to us as it is; certainly no need for radio personalities giving them new ideas. It is one thing to disagree with law enforcement, everyone is entitled to their own opinions/views, but their actions are a little over the top.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't help but note the irony that their discussion was how to take an officers radio away from them, and now they are the ones without a microphone.

·
Registered
72 Posts
ok, so i'm not politically correct, i'm no democ rat, but here it goes --- the rag time segment of the black race needs to grow up. The ebonics like "Yo", What up" , Know what I'm saying', Po Po, Dog, Boyz, etc. are immature and idiotic.
there is nothing cool about delberately being rude, hostile, negative and illiterate. Grow up. The vast majority of black people are great. It's the hip hop types who are simply immature punks. They are total losers. Same goes for the other races who act like that - BUT, tell it like it really is - a disproportinate amount of blacks CHOOSE to act that way. Let's hope they wise up and teach their children by example to have self respect, respect for others and to act intelligently.

·
Registered
109 Posts
These guys should have been fired for being so stupid. There are young impressionable kids I am sure listening that might go do what they are making sound cool. What scum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree they should be fired. Sure free speech, say what you want but be prepared for the consequences of running your mouth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.