Fighting for your life (Video will make you pucker) | Page 2 | MassCops

Fighting for your life (Video will make you pucker)

Discussion in 'War Stories' started by Hush, May 26, 2016.

1. Treehouse413

Treehouse413 MassCops Member

Ok I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the negative comments about this officer. Right or wrong with how he handled it I think we should learn from it instead of bashing our brother. I'm new on this forum and have no clue who is LE or civilian but either way it's bullsh$t to bash. Just my 2 cents. Stay safe.

2. zm88

zm88 MassCops Member

I wouldn't say it's bashing. Videos like this are a wake up call about the realities of the LE profession. The officer didn't put up any type of fight and is lucky the shitbag didn't take his gun and kill him. Complaceny can be a wake up call or get you killed. This forum is mixed with LE, military and civilians with various backgrounds. When videos like this are posted everyone (for the most part..) due to their experience has something different to add. I work as an SPO in Boston myself. I had my wake up call last November when a coworker disregarded me after asking him to keep the guy against the wall in the holding area while I glove up. I returned to that area and the guy pulled out a loaded .38 and placed it to his side. If he had wanted I'd easily be dead right now. After that ordeal was over we all sat down and discussed the fuckery that occurred in order for it to not happen again. I'm hoping this officer and his coworkers had the same type of talk after watching this video.

GARDA and Pvt. Cowboy like this.
  3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Making observations about what we saw, isn't bashing. It's pretty clear from the video that this cop:
    1. Couldn't fight for shit.
    2. Had zero winning mindset.
    3. Didn't think about his available options. I saw fingers to bite.

Those are facts. Truth hurts sometimes. Pointing out those hard truths is how others learn from the mistakes that he made, and hopefully don't repeat them.

topcop14, carodo, GARDA and 5 others like this.
  4. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

I don't think we're "bashing" the officer himself, just his actions, and lack thereof, during this particular incident.

zm88 likes this.
  5. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

Agreed, we don't know the officer personally or how he conducts himself as a police officer on a typical tour of duty. With that being said we are critiquing his actions during this violent encounter for the benefit of learning from this teachable moment. We are all ecstatic that he survived this encounter however there are obvious concerns with his tactics. The video displays a plethora of discussion material suitable for this MASSCOPS forum...

GARDA, zm88 and LA Copper like this.
  6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member