Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is retarded. Why the hell is a FID Restricted card even called a FID card when pepper spray isn't even a type of firearm? And shouldn't my LTC-A application go through processing faster since my name is already on file with licensing from my previous FID? I've been waiting since mid March. :icon_hum:

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its Massachusetts, thats like asking why is there air?
I know. I am constantly asked over and over again about my permit and when I'm going to get it so I've been aggrevated lately.

·
Subscribing Member
885 Posts
Im confused, who's asking about your permit?

I applied LTC-A ALP in January, 73 Days later I got the call to come get it.

And isnt an FID Card actualy a "Class-D" by MGL?

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im confused, who's asking about your permit?

I applied LTC-A ALP in January, 73 Days later I got the call to come get it.

And isnt an FID Card actualy a "Class-D" by MGL?
My work want's to swear me in as a special. I need to get it by June 21st or my Academy certification will expire. I thought the background investigation and everything else needed for the Class A permit would take quicker since I already had it done for my other license. I applied for my class A sometime around mid march. Aren't they supposed to contact you within 60 days?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Channy, the MGL states 40 or 45 days, but there are NO teeth to that law. There is no penalty for the PD that drags their feet and holds out for 6 months or even a year. [I know someone who was dragged thru 4 PD interviews and 6 months prior to their issuing him his LTC-A/ALP and that was a recent renewal (NOT a 1st time issue)!]

You might talk to them and explain your problem, but if they don't like issuing LTCs, they can do what they want to with no fear of repercussions (from a practical viewpoint). [Legally you can sue them after the time limit of 40 or 45 days, but you are unlikely to win in court.]

In MA, all LTCs are "discretionary" which means each of 351 towns/cities can do what they like, require what they want, discriminate at will (except against protected classes of people).

Good luck!

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LenS";p="64848 said:
Channy, the MGL states 40 or 45 days, but there are NO teeth to that law. There is no penalty for the PD that drags their feet and holds out for 6 months or even a year. [I know someone who was dragged thru 4 PD interviews and 6 months prior to their issuing him his LTC-A/ALP and that was a recent renewal (NOT a 1st time issue)!]

You might talk to them and explain your problem, but if they don't like issuing LTCs, they can do what they want to with no fear of repercussions (from a practical viewpoint). [Legally you can sue them after the time limit of 40 or 45 days, but you are unlikely to win in court.]

In MA, all LTCs are "discretionary" which means each of 351 towns/cities can do what they like, require what they want, discriminate at will (except against protected classes of people).

Good luck!
Crap... :x

·
Registered
150 Posts
How long does a academy certification last?
I graduated the Basic Reserve academy last May, and still looking!!
How long do I have?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
Res/Int academy doesn't really expire. Only MPOC has a "freshness" date
:wink:

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
True... But I think it's different in Boston if you have not been sworn in for an entire year from what I was told. THey seem to have this weird curriculum. I dont know about other cities and towns.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.