FHP pulls over Miami PD cruiser for speeding | Page 5 | MassCops

FHP pulls over Miami PD cruiser for speeding

Discussion in 'Idiot News Articles' started by PBC FL Cop, Oct 29, 2011.

1. tjdeputy

tjdeputy MassCops Member

my post was not ment to start a pissing war between mps and lec's it was ment to say that it dose happen in mass and as for calling a city or town that they are going threw i have been a dispatcher for 15 yrs working for a good size city and a few small towns and i have never goten a call from a nother city or town dept. saying thay have a car comming threw lights and siren.

2. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

It hurt to read that.

TopCop24 likes this.
  3. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

Lol...you read my mind.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I would hope the trooper ran the license plate, which is something I always do when seeing a police-looking vehicle. If it comes back no record on file, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, or City/Town of ______ then it's good to go. If it comes back to a private individual. we're going to have a chat.

5. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

By PoliceOne Staff

MIAMI, Fla. - Trooper Jane Watts did not violate policy when she pulled over and handcuffed a Miami officer in October, an internal review by the Florida Highway Patrol concluded.A report released Wednesday stated Watts used discretion during the traffic stop of Officer Fausto Lopez, in which she stopped Lopez for driving at speed...

Read the full story at Police One

6. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Wow... I'm amazed. That should have been the biggest continual PR nightmare for them for that assdouchery.

7. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

8. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

FHP being FHP, need I say more....

mtc likes this.
  9. cc3915

cc3915 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Miami cop accused in FHP spat could face more charges

A Miami police officer accused of speeding down Florida’s Turnpike at 120 mph – and igniting a firestorm between his department and the Florida Highway Patrol - may face an additional charge of reckless driving and possible jail if he decides against taking a plea.
    The officer, Fausto Lopez, already faces one misdemeanor charge of reckless driving after a FHP trooper stopped him on Oct. 11. Lopez was southbound near Commercial Boulevard shortly after 6 a.m. when trooper Donna Jane Watts spotted him weaving in and out of traffic.
    Lopez later said he was on his way to an off-duty assignment.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/12/2690356/miami-cop-accused-in-fhp-spat.html

10. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

What an abortion this whole incident become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

They need to have Rodney come in and talk about getting along.

12. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

First you have Officer Lopez do something stupid. Then you have Trooper Watts blow it up. Now, it won't go away. Two wrongs don't make a right and sadly the idiots in the media and the anti-cop crowd have all been given a tub of chum for the feeding frenzy and every other cop in Florida (or at least in the greater Miami area) will pay for it in one way or another.

13. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

Miami Police Fire Cop Pulled Over For Speeding By FHP

September 14, 2012 11:12 PM

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A Miami police officer who made headlines after he was pulled over on the Florida Turnpike by a Florida Highway Patrol officer for speeding has been fired.
    Fausto Lopez was fired by Miami Police on Thursday. This comes more than a month after an internal investigation into the matter determined that he should be terminated.
    The internal probe found that Officer Lopez showed a “practice and pattern” of reckless speeding. Lopez routinely clocked speeds of more than 100 miles per hour while off duty between September and November 2011, according to the report.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/09/14/miami-police-fire-cop-pulled-over-for-speeding-by-fhp/

14. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Like I said, it won't go away. However, now Officer Lopez has been SENT away.

15. PBC FL Cop

Way to go trooper

csauce777 likes this.
  16. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

Not at all siding with FHP. The deputy however, seems to be his own worst enemy.

17. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

Meant to say officer, not deputy.

18. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if they get her a gift like a toaster oven or Keurig.

19. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

She was likely promoted

frank and niteowl1970 like this.
  20. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

The trooper is a slob for not listening to her supervisor in this matter to back off, but this doesn't help the officer in this case:

The internal probe found that Officer Lopez showed a “practice and pattern” of reckless speeding. Lopez routinely clocked speeds of more than 100 miles per hour while off duty between September and November 2011, according to the report. Officially, Lopez has been clocked going more than 90 miles per hour more than 80 times.

21. PBC FL Cop

They should give her a ride on your speedboat...

Drinkthekoolaid likes this.
  22. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

Speaking of which, what causes the driver to go dead weight initially?

lofu likes this.
  23. PBC FL Cop

Usual suspect would be Tequila...

USMCMP5811 and lofu like this.
  24. PBC FL Cop

I guess she just can't stop screwing cops...

The Florida Highway Patrol trooper at the center of firestorm after she pulled over a speeding cop at gunpoint said fellow law enforcement officers have created a "life-threatening" situation that caused her to be in such fear for her safety she has become a "hermit."

Trooper Donna "Jane" Watts' 69-page lawsuit, filed in federal court Friday, seeks more than $1 million in damages. She is suing more than 100 police officers and agencies, and the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. The suit alleges 88 law enforcement officers from 25 jurisdictions illegally accessed her personal information more than 200 times, violating her privacy.

Watts made national news in October 2011 when she pulled over off-duty Miami Police Officer Fausto Lopez for speeding in his marked patrol car on Florida's Turnpike in Broward County.

She followed him for seven minutes and later wrote in a report that he was darting in and out of lanes at speeds exceeding 120 mph. She approached his cruiser with her gun drawn, yelling, and then handcuffed him.

Lopez, who regularly averaged more than 100 mph on his drive between Miami and his home in Coconut Creek, was fired in September.

But in the months after the incident, officers looked up information such as her home address, picture, Social Security number, date of birth, and detailed vehicle description in a database available to police officers, according to her lawsuit.

The suit alleges the police agencies — including the Broward Sheriff's Office, Lauderhill and Hollywood Police — did not properly train their officers, who used the information they received to intimidate Watts. None of the agencies were able to comment Monday.

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/donna-jane-watts-fhp-trooper-sues-over-100-officers-and-agencies-for-1-million#ixzz2H1sB3O62

25. 263FPD

263FPD Well-Known Member

Her photo is all over the internet. Looking to cash in, that is all. NO FUCKING GOOD

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  26. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

How's the bed feel that you made? What a douche.

mtc, USMCMP5811, lofu and 8 others like this.