FHP pulls over Miami PD cruiser for speeding | Page 3 | MassCops

FHP pulls over Miami PD cruiser for speeding

Discussion in 'Idiot News Articles' started by PBC FL Cop, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If she is "known for pulling over marked cruisers", I have to assume that at least some of them were on-duty. If I'm on-duty in my jurisdiction and I see blue lights in my rear-view mirror, I'll stop to see if the person from another agency wants/needs anything, but if they think I'm handing over my license and registration for a traffic stop, I want some of what they're smoking. They can explain their interpretation of the law to me and about a dozen of my co-workers.

Go ahead and try to arrest me for 90-25.

2. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

You would be correct... I could tell you numerous stories about FHP and the stopping of marked and unmarked police vehicles both on and off duty and incidents which have followed. FHP's reputation did not come about accidentally.

3. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

4. PBC FL Cop

The stop apparently took place in Broward County, which is one county north of Miami-Dade County and about a 1/2hr from the city of Miami.

5. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Why are these on-duty officers submitting to a traffic stop?

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Doesn't Florida have a statewide peace officer statute?

If nothing else, perhaps this incident might make the FHP pull their heads out of their asses and re-assess their attitudes when dealing with other law enforcement agencies.

6. gottabekidding

gottabekidding New Member

So it is generally acceptable for an officer to use government property to drive recklessly while off duty? And police wonder why there is distrust from the public?

7. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

As soon as she took the cuffs off him, he shoulda slapped them on her for Assault D/W - gun. Biatch.

8. honor12900

honor12900 MassCops Member

How many times have you been arrested? I bet the officers was real mean to you and you "didn't do nothin" either.

9. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Yes.. Jealous bitch?

It's OK to distrust the police because of such heinous abuses. The police distrust all of you civilians because you're all a bunch of lying, mendacious, deceitful, spiteful, dishonorable, unethical, cowardly pukes....

So asshole, it's an egregious offense for a trained emergency vehicle operator, someone intimately familiar with the handling characteristics of the vehicle he drives 8-10 hours a day for 5-6 days a week, but it's completely acceptable for an untrained douchebag civilian to drive his pregnant wife the same way??

Fuck you hypocrite, go back to posting homo comments on your loser douchebag facebook page....

10. GreenMachine

GreenMachine Infidel

no one noticed she wasn't wearing her hat...

11. sdb29

sdb29 MassCops Member

Mendacious? I gotta use that one before the end of the day!

Just as soon as I look it up.

:)

12. Johnny Law

Johnny Law Nemo me impune lacessit Staff Member

I don't wonder about it at all, because I couldn't give less than a shit what you or the other sheep think of me. You dumb fucks pay me to drive as quickly as I can to a call, as long as it is you who is calling because your call is the most important one of the shift.

13. PBC FL Cop

There have been a few incidents of this nature with FHP, which have had different outcomes. I don't know exactly what they teach these folks in Tallahassee but as I said before, their poor reputation has been earned over the years.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

Hats are not commonly worn here in FLA by LEOs. The first city PD I worked for didn't even issue a hat. FHP is the agency which wears them the most often, but it is not that common there either. Most agencies allow black sneakers and shorts to be worn on duty, with a baseball hat. Uniforms are not held in high regards in FLA.

14. MARINECOP

MARINECOP MassCops Member

Just saw the whole video and I have to say not the brightest bulb on the Miami force. I will leave it at that on this public forum. This would have solved the problem, to quote Captain O'Hagan: "There was a time when we'd take a guy like you in the back and beat you with a hose. Now you've got your God-damned unions".
    View attachment 3229

15. Big.G

Big.G In Tactical Mode....

16. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If you're going to try to arrest me while I'm on-duty, you (figuartive you, not literal) better be bigger and stronger, and make sure you have more friends in the vicinity than I do.

17. PBC FL Cop

Which is why this type of episode should never have occurred. This trooper appeared as if she was prepared to shoot the Miami Officer, just for speeding; speeding an infraction which is dismissed on a regular basis in courtrooms all around the country for many times no legitimate reason whatsoever. I'm glad the FOP/PBA is involved and maybe this type of coverage may discourage these types of incidents in the future. If I am ever able to make it to a meet and greet up there I'll give you some other stories which will make your head spin.

18. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Watching the video didn't change my mind...but just shows what happens when two idiots with badges cross paths. If she had reason to believe the cruiser was stolen, she should have approached differently. His trying to say he didn't see the lights is complete BS...Id like to see how he reacts to someone who tried to play that with him on a stop.

19. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I'd crawl a hundred yards over broken glass to get to any cop in trouble, but that doesn't mean they're aren't some that I would fight in a heartbeat off-duty if I knew there would be no legal or employment repercussions as a result.

20. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Dumb and dumber.

21. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I came to this thread late. I used this quote because years ago one of our guys (who since left for LAPD) was in an argument with a local officer. I don't even recall about what, but petty stuff as was the norm. When our guy got pissed and started to walk around the cruiser so as to have better eye contact and not have to shout, the local officer called in for back up. When his own guys showed up, they basically said, "ARE YOU SHITTING ME??" and left.

I also know it's not uncommon for a college agency to be responding to a call with lights going and hear over the radio some local cop asking, "What's such and such got going?" Sure, often times it's legit concern, but we all know that often times it's also just silly ball busting.

Lastly, who else here recalls (and if it's been mentioned I apologize-I DID skip a few pages) when a Metro Officer (I forget the rank-NOT PTL.) pulled over a Boston Officer (also not a PTL.) for speeding on the Xway and when the Boston Officer drove off in a huff, the Metro officer followed him into the garage at Dist. 1 and then called for back up, again getting a "ARE YOU SHTTING ME?" from his troops.

Silliness happens all over, and it's just pretty sad. If a guy is doing something really stupid, he probably should be called on it, but there are good ways to do this and bad. I believe this FHP trooper did it the WRONG way, or at least went WAY TOO FAR.

22. USM C-2

USM C-2 MassCops Member

Ooooh! Ooooh! I do! I do! Pick me!

Scorry....

Yup, I heard the MDC copper punched the 'man down' button on his radio due to being outnumbered and made to feel like a jackassclown by BPD who were no doubt wondering, in the immortal words of the late A. Winehouse, "what kind of fuckery is this?"

I remember thinking "an emergency button on the radio, how cool!" Took about 15 more years for us to get them, and then another 5 to get a dispatch console that would receive them.

23. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Kilv,

If you remember your guy's name, can you send it to me; I'm wondering if we know each other.

As for the Metro/Boston PD and the FHP/Miami PD scenarios, sometimes you've got to know when to give it up. Common sense goes a long way on our job. All the formal education in the world is no help when you don't have common sense.

24. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

Which explains not only these scenarios, but most of the asshattery in this world; as well as, the occupy movement.

25. bcsm

bcsm MassCops Member

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck,,,DUHHHHHHHHHH
    COMMON SENSE Reasoning abilities..."It does not compute"!!!!
    BCSM