Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

21 - 40 of 135 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The Miami Dade County and Miami City Police departments have a much larger presence in that area than does FHP. Miami Dade County PD, I believe is a bigger agency than FHP overall. The highway can be a very lonely place..... especially for F lorida's H elpless P olice.

·
Subscribing Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I would never not respond to another cops call for help, but I would be sure to travel to posted speed limit and obey all traffic laws when responding to an FHP call for assistance. It should be noted FHP calls for assistance ALL THE TIME....

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

What's the deal with the animosity? Is this exclusive to the FHP?
Yes, for the most part..

G

·
I would never not respond to another cops call for help, but I would be sure to travel to posted speed limit and obey all traffic laws when responding to an FHP call for assistance. It should be noted FHP calls for assistance ALL THE TIME....

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Yes, for the most part..
That is a shame. I don't see any benefit in that type of thinking.

Sent from my ADR6300

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
Can't really add to anything that's been said but LOLZ that he didn't see the blue lights behind him. Apparently an optical plan isn't part of MPD's benefit package. BTW I didn't know Nancy Grace moonlighted on the FHP.

G

·
The only time I pulled over and gave an LEO a hard time was when an ATF agent got bitchy with me. It was an unmarked SUV with an expired registration sticker. I would have said "Nice to meet ya, carry on", but the first words out if his mouth when I walked up were, "What the [email protected]#."
I stated my telepathic powers were on the fritz today.
Every officer I meet gets my respect no matter how much our political masters play games with budgets & rationalization.

Sent from my ADR6300

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
The only time I pulled over and gave an LEO a hard time was when an ATF agent got bitchy with me. It was an unmarked SUV with an expired registration sticker. I would have said "Nice to meet ya, carry on", but the first words out if his mouth when I walked up were, "What the [email protected]#."
Every officer I meet gets my respect no matter how much our political masters play games with budgets & rationalization.

Sent from my ADR6300
Lucky thing you didn't cite him or he'd come after you for that clandestine tobacco farm and moonshine still.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
What the fuck was she thinking????
Can't Understand Normal Thinking

Really, she pulls her weapon on a guy who is clearly a cop? For speeding? Go piss up a rope, you dizzy bitch.

·
Subscribing Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That is a shame. I don't see any benefit in that type of thinking.
FHP, for whatever reason, have always had a different philosophy when it comes to professional courtesy. I heard all the stories when I moved here about FHP but I never wanted to believe them until I saw first hand how they deal with fellow officers as well as fellow troopers. We had an FHP Cpl teaching at the academy who bragged about the number of cops he has written in his career. I know troopers who have been cited by other troopers. I couldn't tell you how many other officers, deputys and agents that have been cited, in and out of uniform by FHP. I have always had a belief that law enforcement is a brother/sisterhood and have lived by that code, its just unfortunate others do not.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I would never not respond to another cops call for help, but I would be sure to travel to posted speed limit and obey all traffic laws when responding to an FHP call for assistance. It should be noted FHP calls for assistance ALL THE TIME...QUOTE]

I agree that Cops shouldn't be pulling over other Cops who are driving marked cruisers. Mind your own fu*cking business. On the other hand I understand agencies don't get along sometimes. Sometimes certain agencies overstep their boundaries (don't call my city agency to handle) when they come upon a "sensational" or "news worthy" crime/incident in my city. On the other hand, they will gladly hand off an accident, DK or DMV etc. With that said, if that same Officer (Trooper etc) calls for assistance I am going balls to the wall to get to him/her. The jurisdictional stuff is petty, but an "Officer in trouble" call is life or death, and we need to look out for each other regardless of the petty nonsense.......

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
Stopping vehicles on the left shoulder of the highway is common in Florida and many other states. With 5 lane highways being the norm, the left shoulder is many times the better area to actually conduct a stop, which is why the officer did so. There was nothing out of the ordinary with where he pulled over on the FL Turnpike.
Yikes if people pulled over that way here there would be massive amounts of death and chaos on the highways... Not that there is not that already.

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

FHP, for whatever reason, have always had a different philosophy when it comes to professional courtesy. I heard all the stories when I moved here about FHP but I never wanted to believe them until I saw first hand how they deal with fellow officers as well as fellow troopers. We had an FHP Cpl teaching at the academy who bragged about the number of cops he has written in his career. I know troopers who have been cited by other troopers. I couldn't tell you how many other officers, deputys and agents that have been cited, in and out of uniform by FHP. I have always had a belief that law enforcement is a brother/sisterhood and have lived by that code, its just unfortunate others do not.
Seems the tin blue line down there is almost a little too thin.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
120 cuz you're late for an off duty gig? Pretty f-ing stupid in my book. What she did was dumb too. They shoulda just tasered each other and been done with it...

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
120 cuz you're late for an off duty gig? Pretty f-ing stupid in my book. What she did was dumb too. They shoulda just tasered each other and been done with it...
Lol

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

Sent from my ADR6300
I had a similar experience with a different Secret Squirrel agency. Guy was driving like a lunatic through red lights, cutting off cars (including me), etc in a shitbox minivan with no lights/siren. I stopped him and got an earful of attitude while he tells me "WTF I have an emergency" somewhere. I don't get it.

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
As recruits you obviously couldn't say anything to the bragging corporal in response...what a douche. You'd think they'd at least draw the line at citing their own guys. That has to be awkward that the trooper backing you up on today's m/v stop was the same one you ticketed for speeding the day before. How do the respective local agencies treat the FHP when they're on the other end of a stop? I am assuming FHP take their crusiers home and there have been instances where they were stopped on their way to/from work(?)

Apparently in FL there aren't many speeding residents, tourists and unlicensed illegal immigrant drivers to focus on.

·
G-Rap made me do it!
2,729 Posts
Add Content

·
Subscribing Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
As recruits you obviously couldn't say anything to the bragging corporal in response...what a douche.
It was a comparative compliance course, which means the "recruits" had all been cops prior to relocating to Florida. The FHP Cpl was informed of what we all thought of his and FHP's thought process in reference to ticketing LEO's. He only taught 1, four hour block of instruction, we never saw that useless....Cpl....again.

---------- Post added at 04:16 ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 ----------

I am assuming FHP take their crusiers home and there have been instances where they were stopped on their way to/from work(?)
FHP do have take home vehicles, but I've never heard of an instance where they were cited for speeding by a deputy or officer. Maybe cops who answer a million calls for service a year don't get too excited about speeders, especially when they have blue lights on their roof.

·
Registered
609 Posts
What a douche bag ordering a fellow officer out of a marked police car at gun point. Hopefully she gets the same treatment when the shoe is on the other foot.

G

·
What a douche bag ordering a fellow officer out of a marked police car at gun point. Hopefully she gets the same treatment when the shoe is on the other foot.
Imagine the hilarity if he called in an OT, stating a fake FHP Trooper was pointing a gun at him, and a dozen Miami PD cars came sliding up sideways.

21 - 40 of 135 Posts