FHP pulls over Miami PD cruiser for speeding | MassCops

FHP pulls over Miami PD cruiser for speeding

Discussion in 'Idiot News Articles' started by PBC FL Cop, Oct 29, 2011.

1. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

2. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

So when this darling trooper is ripping by vehicles going 120+ with no lights and sirens it's ok?

3. TopCop24

TopCop24 Working in the land of misfit toys

The only thing i'm gonna say is that it was out of hand on both parties parts.

4. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If I see a marked police vehicle driving like a bat out of hell, I assume it's for a legitimate reason, and go back to what I was doing previously.

Macop and PiratesLife4Me like this.
  5. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Oh boy. I can see maybe, possibly, if the Trooper had reason to believe the cruiser might be stolen approaching it like that, but as soon as you see the uniform...to cuff him? I bet she's REAL popular...

6. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

I have no idea what to say about this one. Seems a bit extreme. I will say the Local is an idiot though not only for going 120mph off duty in marked unit and not responding to the trooper but for pulling over in the Left hand shoulder.

I can understand the troopers initial reaction to make it a felony stop as the way he was driving could lead her to believe the cruiser was stolen but from there on well you all know the rest.

7. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

What the fuck was she thinking????

8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

9. Herrdoktor

I wonder how many times she is driving at a high rate of speed without lights and sirens endangering the public like that.

10. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Why do I have the feeling this Trooper might be shorter than 5'2"...

11. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

If a cop from another agency is driving like an idiot in a marked police vehicle for no good reason, that's the responsibility of that agency's chain of command, not mine. As a matter of fact, the last I checked, my badge is silver, so it's none of my business what people from *my own* agency do.

If someone has been through the hiring and training processes for a police department, I have faith they're going to do the right thing while operating a marked cruiser; I'm not going to attempt to stop every police car I see that commits a traffic violation.

12. Herrdoktor

I agree with what you are saying, I just can't get past the amount of hypocrisy it takes to chase down a marked cruiser while doing so without lights and sirens.

13. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Oh, okay....I get what you're saying now.

Agreed.

14. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

What a douchebag

15. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

Curious as to what another agency is up to out of their a/o? That's what cell phones are for.

16. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

There must be some previous history going on. Otherwise, why would she do something that would obviously cause a shit storm. I guess she could just be a plain ole ass.

Sent from my ADR6300

17. PBC FL Cop

It was a take home vehicle, which is the norm for S Florida law enforcement. The officer was on his way to work.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

Sadly this is not that uncommon for FHP, which is why they are not well liked. FHP has had a long history of writing cops tickets and stopping marked vehicles.

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

She did not...

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Stopping vehicles on the left shoulder of the highway is common in Florida and many other states. With 5 lane highways being the norm, the left shoulder is many times the better area to actually conduct a stop, which is why the officer did so. There was nothing out of the ordinary with where he pulled over on the FL Turnpike.

18. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

The initial "is this cruiser stolen?" thought is one thing. When you see it's a uniformed Miami PO, it should have been over. At most, a call from the FHP supervisor to this guy's CO. Otherwise, don't be a rat, and mind your fucking business.

I can't imagine MSP pulling the same shit with locals here. It's asinine.

19. PBC FL Cop

There was nothing to indicate this was a stolen Miami PD cruiser. She called in the cruiser number and tag, yet never requested for Miami PD to be contacted to see if it was stolen. Take home vehicles are the norm rather than the exception in S FLA and not an uncommon sight on the highways. This was nothing more than the trooper being a.., a.., a.., FHP Trooper.......

20. Herrdoktor

Doesn't have FL have some strong county departments to off set the highway patrol's power trip?

It also appears that this trooper forgot that it can get real lonely on an interstate when shit goes bad.

21. PBC FL Cop

The Miami Dade County and Miami City Police departments have a much larger presence in that area than does FHP. Miami Dade County PD, I believe is a bigger agency than FHP overall. The highway can be a very lonely place..... especially for F lorida's H elpless P olice.

22. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

What's the deal with the animosity? Is this exclusive to the FHP?

Sent from my ADR6300

23. PBC FL Cop

I would never not respond to another cops call for help, but I would be sure to travel to posted speed limit and obey all traffic laws when responding to an FHP call for assistance. It should be noted FHP calls for assistance ALL THE TIME....

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Yes, for the most part..

24. MSP75

MSP75 Guest

That is a shame. I don't see any benefit in that type of thinking.

Sent from my ADR6300

25. BrickCop

BrickCop Subscribing Member

Can't really add to anything that's been said but LOLZ that he didn't see the blue lights behind him. Apparently an optical plan isn't part of MPD's benefit package. BTW I didn't know Nancy Grace moonlighted on the FHP.