Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
'Corrupt cop' accused of attacking news blogger

By Laurel J. Sweet
Tuesday, November 15, 2011

DUKES UP IN DUNKIN': Former Revere police officer Todd Randall, left, and blogger Richard Ireton, center, tussle in footage from a Dunkin' Donuts surveillance video.

A bad-apple Revere cop awaiting sentencing for lying to the FBI has been locked up, accused of sucker-punching a local news blogger in a Dunkin' Donuts.
Security video played in a federal courtroom yesterday shows Todd Randall pulling up as Richard Ireton sat having coffee in Revere with two other men. Randall strides in and smacks him in the head, after which Ireton grapples with him. The pair knock over tables and wrestle on the floor.
"He's a corrupt cop we investigated and prosecuted, who thinks the rules of law do not apply to him," prosecutor Brian Kelly said yesterday at Randall's detention hearing.

'Corrupt cop' accused of attacking news blogger - BostonHerald.com

·
Public Trough Feeder
5,181 Posts
$200????

I've blown $200 on a night out, MANY times. That idiot is tossing his career and pension for $200????
Risk/reward balacing doesn't work if you assume you'll never get caught.

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
I'm a big fan of the old dope slap to the back of the head. Sends a solid message. My father used to send me that message when I was a kid all the time.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
"...Randall was heard saying to Ireton, 'I'll have you charged with assault and battery! But don't worry, for $200 I can have it taken care of.' No comment from Ireton."

·
Subscribing Member
856 Posts
Rock:636445 said:
I'm a big fan of the old dope slap to the back of the head. Sends a solid message. My father used to send me that message when I was a kid all the time.
+1 but it was mom for me, not father .....

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
'Rage' problem puts ex-cop back behind bars

By Laurel J. Sweet
Monday, November 21, 2011

A disgraced ex-cop accused of smacking and grappling with a hometown news blogger inside a Revere Dunkin' Donuts has a "rage" problem and can't be trusted on the street ahead of his sentencing Dec. 13 for lying to the FBI, a judge has ordered.
U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Jennifer C. Boal on Thursday revoked former Revere patrolman Todd Randall's $10,000 pre-sentencing unsecured bond, explaining the Sept. 12 doughnut shop dustup "constitutes an act of violence, which shows an inability to control his rage."
Security cameras inside the Squire Road coffee shop captured Randall, 41, driving up to Dunkin' Donuts, striding in and smacking Revere blogger Richard Ireton, 54, in the head before the two men grappled with each other, toppling tables.

'Rage' problem puts ex-cop back behind bars - BostonHerald.com

21 - 26 of 26 Posts