Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I know there are a million posts asking about the fed reserve law enforcement unit but I couldn't find an answer to my question. I'm asking in regards to the Boston branch.

If I got the position, I would commute to work via MBTA and I know that military personnel, and police officers ride for free long as you have the badge/credentials. I am aware that the firearms are turned in at the end of shift but do you get a take home badge or do you have to order it like some of the other departments?

If someone who currently works there or had worked here could answer my question I would appreciate it.

Stay blessed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Free rides on the MBTA for off-duty police as official policy ended many years ago. Now it depends entirely on the employee at the booth, and many stations no longer staff the booths because of the Charlie Card system.

Don’t figure that into your budget.

Oh, and actually get the job before you start worrying about stuff like that.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I wouldn't be flashing my creds on the T to try and get a free ride. Last thing you want is for everyone to know who you are. Plus I think unless you are MSP or a T cop you have to pay anyway.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,673 Posts
I used to ride the commuter rail for free. Keolis conductors were friendly and appreciative to have L.E. on the trains.
Haven't done it in over 5-6 years. Pretty sure they stopped the practice after the "I-team" or somebody ripped em up about the policy.............o_O

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
We had two people trying to use the ferry to commute on official business. One got into it with a deckhand ( most likely ex-con ). The ship's Captain straightened him out, but a phone call was made anyways = unemployed officer.

On the other hand met a conductor down at the sportsman's club . Just needs to see a badge = good to go.

Like others have posted . Its a roll two dice . Just depends on who you run into. Not worth getting into trouble for.

Good luck with the job. Looks like a nice gig.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I’d be very careful wearing a uniform and getting anything for free nowadays. Cumberland Farms usually will let you get a free coffee, and I’ll leave the money on the counter for the next person.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,673 Posts
State Elevator Inspectors? Thank the lord, they MUST be SSPO's then right?
:eek:

·
Duke of Campus Police
510 Posts
"FREEZE! SEI! Take your finger off the button...slowly...DO IT NOW!"
Shoulda had one at Nakatomi Plaza. That would have ended it right then!

I want to be an SEI guy. That would be awesome.
No Kiddin!
Ride trains and elavators all day for free? It's like being a Tourist for $$$. While you're employed write books about the best elevators and T rides and be interviewed on "Chronicle"
:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actively taking out your badge/credentials in an attempt to "beat the system" displays an alarming disregard of respect for the job, and shows a lack of integrity. If you're not on the job already (which I suspect is the case) its even more concerning this is what you are worried about before being hired. You may want to consider another line of work.

·
Duke of Campus Police
510 Posts
Actively taking out your badge/credentials in an attempt to "beat the system" displays an alarming disregard of respect for the job, and shows a lack of integrity. If you're not on the job already (which I suspect is the case) its even more concerning this is what you are worried about before being hired. You may want to consider another line of work.
Lighten up Francis................:p
Welcome to Masscops BTW

1 - 19 of 19 Posts