Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Enforcement Officer | Page 2 | MassCops

Federal Reserve Bank of Boston Enforcement Officer

Discussion in 'Federal Employment' started by a76589, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Let me help you....

Your chances of making it are about 1 in 179. Or slightly less:banghead:

2. Nuke_TRT

Nuke_TRT Stirrer of the Pot

Up to 1/198 by now.

3. theGUNshow

theGUNshow MassCops Member

Yes

4. LoganF

LoganF MassCops Member

The odds are any less in this field with which agency? because I would love to know.​

A simple question that actually some people may have want to known the answer to gets you a smart remark. I'd like to know which federal, state or even town/city agency you can apply to and actually have a chance at.​

It's the same response in pretty much every thread on here - "you have no chance". Why even bother posting a response like that when some people have clearly applied and others would like to know if they have actually heard anything? Yeah it may get repetitive seeing it in every thread in the employment section on here...isn't that what it's for? Wouldn't you think others like to know if someone else actually applied for it and if they've heard anything.​

BTW theGUNshow, how did the CBP interview go? That was a while ago I wasn't sure if you were in the running still or no.

5. theGUNshow

Everything was going great, and I had the background check, drug test and 2nd PAT still to do... and then I met a girl :banghead:

6. 5-0

5-0 Guest

umadbro?
    [​IMG]

7. LoganF

LoganF MassCops Member

Hahah, yeah that happens. You did the Oral Board though and did you pass if you don't mind me asking.

Hahah that was a good laugh. Thanks. I wasn't mad though I was just simply saying this is the employment section and I just don't see the point in being negative about how "you're not going to get the job" when someone applied for it in hopes of getting it and does have the possibility of getting whether it be slim to none or not.

8. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Shoulda told the girl you to meet you at the southern border.

9. theGUNshow

Yea I did. Just hoping to find something around here now... womp womppp

10. davejoyce2000

davejoyce2000 MassCops Member

I applied on 4/4/11. Its been 2 weeks and my application status is still "under review". Looks like this job is very political and you need to know someone inside to get it.

11. HuskyH-2

your an idiot

12. davejoyce2000

Why? Because I'm exposing the truth?

13. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

What exactly are you exposing here?

14. 51st MPOC#110

51st MPOC#110 MassCops Member

"You can't handle the truth"

15. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

I just don't get it. Why is it when people apply for a job they automatically think that they are the best candidate simply by virtue of being a LE to complete a form? I am going to guess that a job like this would draw very many applicants. So you didn't get the job. So what? Stop bitching and calling it political. The real truth is, you weren't picked, that's all. Move on and quit complaining. If I had your attitude about thingsike this, I would never have been able to get the jib that I have now. You don't k ow the meaning of politics. Getting on the job was not the political part. Trying to get the assignments within the job that you really want, now that's all about a popularity contest. Quit your whining.

Maybe calling you an idiot was a bit harsh, but if you don't k ow how these things work by now, you need to either learn or move on to a different career path.

16. canhockjmg

canhockjmg MassCops Member

Spot on there.

If you've only been waiting 2 weeks, you have nothing to be worried about. Typically they receive/review more than 1 application, so that's why you haven't heard anything yet.

17. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

Exactly... I've served on many search committees and it's pretty common to have a candidate come before us with a stellar academic record paired with military, or law enforcement experience, but when it comes to oral board they end up not being what we're looking for.

The oral board is an extremely important part of the process and one that I think way too many job applicants over look. We look at your body language, we ask you questions where they're no right answers. We want to see what makes you tick. New applicants need to realize that your resume will only get you an interview. It won't actually get you the job.

18. davejoyce2000

Not bitching, complaining or whining, and never said I was the best candidate. I'm just going to call it as I see it. I know I didn't get the job. I'm a new applicant and my resume didn't even get me an interview. So at least send me a notice and don't leave hanging here like I never applied. Whatever you guys say nothing is going to change my mind on how political this job is. If I knew someone there and put in some money I would be working there by now.

19. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

OK, so may be I was wrong about the comment that was made to you earlier. May be Husky H2 was right on the money. As you have said it yourself
    I guarantee you that you were not.

Obviously your resume lacks something.

And as far as paying someone off? Well, I guess all of us here who are already on the job or a career path, we all must have paid some one off, eh?

If that drivel above is not bitching and complaining, then I don't know what is.

20. HuskyH-2

He doesn't hear back in two weeks so detective stabler has already "induced" that not only did he not get the job, but its because its political. I'm sorry but thats either one of two things, your just a whiny cry baby with no patience, or your just a plain idiot im going for both. I've waited months before I heard back from an agency I applied for.

Plus read his posts in the BPD thread, more of the same

21. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Way ahead of you. Read it hours ago.:wink_smile:

22. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

Sorry, I can never read your post....I get stuck stairing at your Avatar!!!

23. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

You mean his sig. line. :unsure:

'Caue that is his avatar
    [​IMG]

24. HuskyH-2

I might start reading my own posts just to look at it.

---------- Post added at 20:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

hahaha

25. Mass

Mass MassCops Member

Hahaha Yep sig. line...that's IT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.