Federal Air Marshall | Page 3 | MassCops

Federal Air Marshall

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by VTTrooper, Jan 30, 2009.

1. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

That's always been my experience with FED tests. It's some OPM people who have nothing to do with the hiring process. Their job is just to administer the tests.

2. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

x2 on the above.

I am not an FAM and have never entered their hiring process, but my experience has been it is a bunch of clueless folks who have nothing to do with any other part of the process.

But remember...you never know who is watching! Really!

3. JMody

JMody Special...

DNorth. I hear you there. It pisses me off when I see someone who looks like they shined their boots/shoes with a Hershey bar.....

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I could have shown up to take my test yesterday in pajamas and without shaving for 3 days. It was in the heart of what appears as chinatown in Queens.

I've never felt so tall in my life walking down that street.

AND... Would ya believe my cab driver got stopped by NYPD for driving down a one-way street, the WRONG WAY!!! I allotted extra time for idiocy before I took my flight, as I didn't want to be late. So as we're turning onto the wrong street, I hear that all too familiar, "WHOOOOOP" behind us... and flashing red lights.

NYPD cop: Whaddayou, a IDIOT?! That's a one-way street.
    Cabbie: But sir, he's late for a test. (Mind you I gave myself an HOUR to get 10 miles to the testing site from JFK, had 2 miles to go and still had a half hour left)
    NYPD cop: I don't give a shit! Had a truck broadsided you, he wouldn't MAKE the test! License, cab license too. Etc.

After he wrote him a V, he asked the cab driver to roll the window down to ask if I had asked the driver to make the illegal turn. That was funny.

5. 21stcenturyarmy

21stcenturyarmy MassCops Member

Going to see if I can wake this thread up lol. Do we have any active FAMs here? I wanted to know if the organization revamped its standards. From reading past articles, they stated that TSA and FAMs took a lot of flak for lowering shooting and hiring standards. I wanted to know if this is true and if so does it still hold true today.