Federal Air Marshall | Page 2 | MassCops

Federal Air Marshall

Discussion in 'Federal Agencies' started by VTTrooper, Jan 30, 2009.

1. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

I didn't know FAMS jobs were on usajobs.com. You may also want to try avuecentral.com, as I can swear I saw them there before.

2. Up_On_Base

Up_On_Base New Member

You are correct, but Avue lost the contract.

It's now on usajobs.gov but the annoucement closed.

3. 6083

6083 New Member

be careful when you use usajobs, they were hacked into last month and thousands of peoples information was stolen

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Anyone else recently receive a friendly email from the FAMS??

5. j809

j809 Subscribing Member

Eminem is an air marshal?

6. SBU29

SBU29 MassCops Member

Sure did Pvt. Cowboy hopefully they move quick now. But if I know the Gov. I'm sure they won't.

7. Pvt. Cowboy

Ahhh glad to see I'm not alone. I'm hoping the "G" moves at a steady pace through this. With all the layoffs and shitty budgets being revealed, I'm glad the Feds have still continued hiring.

8. SBU29

SBU29 MassCops Member

Pvt. Cowboy, If you would, let me know if you hear any updates on the next step and I'll do the same for you.

9. Blivid316

Blivid316 MassCops Member

got my conditional offer but still have to go through intire process... pat interview test etc

10. L4G81

L4G81 MassCops Member

When is the next exam/registration process coming around?

11. SBU29

SBU29 MassCops Member

I haven't heard any rumors of another application process but my best guess would be later this summer or even fall. Don't quote me on that it's only a guess, maybe somebody else has heard something.

12. Blivid316

when does FY '10 start? either july 1 or oct 1 so with new budgets will come money for hiring... any idea what the process is like? Testing, pat, interviews.... PM me if anyone has some info. TIA

13. Pvt. Cowboy

Not quite sure. They closed the announcement in February. From what I've read on other forums, they still have people from the 2008 application going through the process. I'd like to see this timeline move quick!

14. Pvt. Cowboy

Mannnn... I love the candidate dashboard. Its' nice to log in a see some more progress in the process. I had read DHS got an increase in budget, from $820 mil to $860 mil for FY10, I believe it starts October 1st.

Onto the next step...

15. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

Yar, that's when our FY starts.

Certainly some very interesting, and positive (in my opinion, at least) changes are coming up ahead for several agencies within DHS, beginning in about six months or so....;)

16. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

You think there's any chance of worksite enforcement coming back with this current admin?:D

17. SigShooter

SigShooter MassCops Member

I'll be taking their computer-based test in a week. Anyone get the opportunity to test in Boston? I saw that they had a site for it but there were no seats available. My ass has to take a 4hr drive out to NY. Shirt and tie for this test?

18. Pvt. Cowboy

I noticed the same exact thing. I even pushed the test date out to December, JUST to see what happens, and still no availability.

I scheduled my test at the end of the month in NY. I didn't feel like driving and getting stuck on 84 and missing the test, so I bought a flight.

19. SigShooter

SigShooter MassCops Member

I decided to go with a 12:30 test on Saturday. I figured I won't get hit with the heavy work traffic. If I give myself 4.5 hours to get there from SE MA I should be fine. I was thinking of taking a bus or plane there but the fact that you aren't allowed to bring "ANYTHING" to the testing site made me think I rather have my car with me so I can throw anything I may need in there. I mean hell they don't even want you to bring a pencil. If you have "anything" on you you will be turned away according to them. You may be able to find a locker at a bus station or something but that just seems like a PITA.

20. Blivid316

headed down for the test too.. WTF is it going to be? I assume a test to make sure you're only half a rahatrd and maybe some psyc questions...
    I would have to say no to shirt/tie... it is only a test. some douches wear shirt/tie to civil service and that is foolish. I'd say pants and a collard shirt...

21. JMody

JMody Special...

You never know who is going to be there watching. Always wear a shirt and tie to stuff like this?

22. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

Uh, if you have to ask....

23. JMody

JMody Special...

My bad. That was supposed to be a ! not a ?

I was trying to say you should always wear a shirt and tie. Its part of being professional even if you are not.

24. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

Got it, no prob, at least you know what I mean!

And make sure to wear well-shined shoes in case you face a crusty old veteran like me, who judges people by such small details :)

25. Pvt. Cowboy

See this is the exact opposite of what I've read regarding this exam...

On other forums, I've read it's administered at a completely offsite location. What I mean is that the testing location is essentially subcontracted out by the "G" to admin the test... The people there have NOTHING to do with the process, other than pointing you in the direction of the computer and saying, "Type here."

DNorth, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. I'm only going on heresay and what I've read on other LE forums. We're not testing at a federal building or anything.