Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh I have, numerous times via e-mail and telephone...same answer "We will contact you with you interview time and date soon." When I say numerous I mean 5 or 6 times. I am really not surprised, it is the Federal Government. I'm still waiting for my Customs interview after I took the test 2 years ago. Yes I've contacted them too. I know its not me, I know a bunch of other people who are in the same boat getting the same answers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
LawMan2545 said:
I got the Conditional Offer of Employment in September 1st 2005...No word since anyone know the reason?
I'm similar, I dropped my app in Avue a while ago and haven't gotten anything. Maybe the Federal human resources offices take Christmas very seriously (Customs and Border Patrol lagged also).

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
A friend of mine was in the whole process for federal air marshals and it took close to a year. He too got the conditional offer of employment and at one point he thought they forgot about him. Then boom two weeks to go to the academy in Arizona or someplace like that. I guess its the place where planes go to retire, somewhere in the mid west.

·
Subscribing Member
211 Posts
I don't know why so many have left various agencies to become FAM's.I hate flying on planes..and just sitting there waiting for a situation that may never happen.Seems like a very boring job to me.

·
Subscribing Member
1,316 Posts
well its a Fed stepping stone i guess. Fed bene's maybe. lots of time to read?

i dropped my app(i will apply for anything & everything), Got a conditional offer 2 weeks later, i had a lot of problems trying to do the background investigation(computer issues) but got a personal email asking for me certify my background & that it was time sensitive. Although i might go through slighty faster, I'm a DVET & I hold an active Federal Top Secret clearence already, & i provided everything in including my other SF86, driving history, passport, DD214's everything. but there has to be 1000's of applicants and 100's w/ TS clearances. & like the formatted Conditional offer said its all based on fed funding, and they like every1 else they send out more offers than positions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my conditional last Oct. I recerted my app as instructed and two weeks later finally heard from them. I got two fingerprint cards in the mail and was advised to get them done and send them to NJ. Maybe something will happen now. But that was three weeks ago......

·
Registered
18 Posts
It has taken a long time to say the least for myself as well. I received a conditional offer in August '05. Recertified my application in April '06 and received an email to schedule my medical. Had my medical in May '06. Returned for additional testing a month later that the medical provider forgot to do and now waiting for a phone call to participate in the PAT (i.e. the final phase). It is a very disorganized process and I see that candidates are being left around to wait. I do hear there are academy classes scheduled for July, August, and for the Fall of this year so hopefully the need expedites the process a bit. Good luck.

baker205 said:
I got my conditional last Oct. I recerted my app as instructed and two weeks later finally heard from them. I got two fingerprint cards in the mail and was advised to get them done and send them to NJ. Maybe something will happen now. But that was three weeks ago......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Avue Digital Technologies emails you concerning any phase of the process. Although, your local FAM field office will call you concerning the panel interview and the PTA. If you recently applied in Feb. '06 you most likely do not have to recertify your application online. I think the recertification process of candidates applications were for those applicants who have been in the system and process for more than six months and to ensure there is still an interest in the job.

EOD1 said:
did they email/call u about recertingur apps? i got a conditional offer in feb 06.

·
Registered
13 Posts
PMP, at least you got your medical. I am waiting on that and interview. I leave for Iraq in August with Dyncorp to make the big bucks. I may not even take the job after I complete a mission with Dyncorp as I will have house and car paid off. If they would have stepped up the process a year ago then I would have been fine but right now I think I am going to Iraq for the big money.

·
Subscribing Member
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Be careful over there in Iraq, Dyncorp isn't an easy job!! Are you employed as a Anderson County Deputy now??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I am a deputy with Anderson County, SC. I will be used to the heat anyway. Its hot as hell here in SOuth Carolina. There are about five or six of our guys over there now. Some are in Afghanistan and two are in Iraq. I am looking forward to it but keep me in your prayers, I may need them.

G

·
baker205 said:
Yes, I am a deputy with Anderson County, SC. I will be used to the heat anyway. Its hot as hell here in SOuth Carolina. There are about five or six of our guys over there now. Some are in Afghanistan and two are in Iraq. I am looking forward to it but keep me in your prayers, I may need them.
I have a buddy that works in Anderson County S.O. Whats your name?

The FAM's hire in a very disorganized way (or so it seems). I have never taken a physical, and only submitted an application. I have been called four times for interviews I could not make b/c of court and other LE matters; they called again this week. They want me to interview next Weds.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.