Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fatal crash in tunnel leaves 1 dead, 1 injured

BOSTON, Mass. -- A fatal accident in the I-93 Tunnel left an 18 year-old driver dead, and passenger injured.
The accident took place on the Masspike exit at around 12:30am on Sunday.
Police say the driver Michael Luu, of Malden was killed, when he was ejected from the car.
He was reportedly not wearing a seatbelt.
Another passenger in the car was injured, no word their condition.

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO91209/

G

·
What a shame....that tunnel is fatal crash waiting to happen with that sudden sharp turn. While they were boring through the earth, why didn't they just do it in a straight line??

·
Czar of Cyncism and Satire
2,070 Posts
I believe they traced the old underground cow paths for the footprint of the new tunnel.

But seriously, they used the old tunnel footprint. Your Southbound lanes are the old Northbound lanes. If you remember the old tunnel, when you went Northbound, about 100 yards in, there was an exit which lead you to the "Leather District" and Chinatown. This is now a left lane entrance ramp going Southbound. Same tunnels, same danger. Just slow down and keep the speed limits and these daredevils should be fine.

G

·
Just slow down and keep the speed limits and these daredevils should be fine.
You nailed it. I drive that tunnel everyday and never have a problem. Sure there are the idiots who don't know what lane to be in, but nothing that will get another killed at or SOMEWHERE near the speed limit. Natural Selection may have been at work.

·
Subscribing Member
389 Posts
You nailed it. I drive that tunnel everyday and never have a problem. Sure there are the idiots who don't know what lane to be in, but nothing that will get another killed at or SOMEWHERE near the speed limit. Natural Selection may have been at work.
MSP75, You're way off and out of line with that comment! How about taking into consideration that this was a young kid starting out in life? How about his family and how they are grieving with the fact that they have to bury their young son, brother, cousin, whatever! I personally knew Michael. He played sports with my son growing up and they just graduated this year from High School together. He was a real good kid with a bright future and very well liked in the community. Your comments were fine until the end. This is a great loss and we do not need tools like you making stupid comments like that! Think before you speak and who may be reading this stuff! I edited what I really called you and don't give a shit if you care or not!

Another dumbass who doesn't wear his seatbelt down...
Your'e right, he was a dumbass for not wearing his seatbelt and it ultimately cost him his life. This is a big loss as I said above and Michael will be missed sorely. We have our annual basketball banquet coming up this month and now will have one less person graduating the program and receiving his trophy like he should be with the rest of the kids.

G

·
RCPD33, I agree that the end of my post was in poor taste. Over the years, responding to incidents where a person's poor decisions cause tragedy makes one view things differently. Would that comment have bothered you if you had no connection or would you have accepted it as you do with the majority of posts on this site?
example: RCPD33 wrote: That's what they say now :---), but as soon as a blood sucking lawyer convinces them otherwise, suddely the park will be responsible for their moronic son's actions and be sued! It must have been one heck of a hat to put his life on the line and ultimately lose it!
http://www.masscops.com/forums/showthread.php?p=301109#post301109

·
Subscribing Member
927 Posts
+1 MSP75
I'm not going to be as nice as you.
RCPD33; I'm just thankful this kid didn't take someone innocent with him. I dont wish harm on anyone but if you CHOOSE to drive dangerously than don't come looking for sympathy. I've (and many others) have seen too many incidents where the idiot driver crashes resulting in cuts and bruises and the innocent driver, just trying to get from point a to point b, is fatally injured.

G

·
The article doesn't say anything about speed or dangerous driving, until the investigation is over we dont know anything, maybe he was cut off, a blow out or anything. There but for the grace go I.

·
Subscribing Member
389 Posts
RCPD33, I agree that the end of my post was in poor taste. Over the years, responding to incidents where a person's poor decisions cause tragedy makes one view things differently. Would that comment have bothered you if you had no connection or would you have accepted it as you do with the majority of posts on this site?
example: RCPD33 wrote: That's what they say now :---), but as soon as a blood sucking lawyer convinces them otherwise, suddely the park will be responsible for their moronic son's actions and be sued! It must have been one heck of a hat to put his life on the line and ultimately lose it!
http://www.masscops.com/forums/showthread.php?p=301109#post301109
Touche MSP75, you got a point and I'm man enough to say it! I propably would have accepted it but I do know this person, so it hit too close to home. I think that would be a natural reaction though from anyone if they knew the person. Michael was a good kid who made a bad choice in not protecting himself by wearing his seatbelt and I hope the kid who was with him pulls through. I'm guessing it will be a case of an inexperienced driver and speed as factors in the crash, but who knows. I guess I learned a lesson too as far as the snide or questionable comments I've made, but let he/she in here who has not sinned as well cast the first stone. Stay safe all and buckle up!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Touche MSP75, you got a point and I'm man enough to say it! I propably would have accepted it but I do know this person, so it hit too close to home. I think that would be a natural reaction though from anyone if they knew the person. Michael was a good kid who made a bad choice in not protecting himself by wearing his seatbelt and I hope the kid who was with him pulls through. I'm guessing it will be a case of an inexperienced driver and speed as factors in the crash, but who knows. I guess I learned a lesson too as far as the snide or questionable comments I've made, but let he/she in here who has not sinned as well cast the first stone. Stay safe all and buckle up!
Sorry for your loss!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts