Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three-hundred National Guard soldiers of the first battalion 181st Infantry Regiment were honored on Sunday in Worcester for their recent service in Iraq.
WBZ

WORCESTER (WBZ) ― It was a warm welcome home to fathers, husbands and loved ones.

Three-hundred National Guard soldiers of the first battalion 181st Infantry Regiment were honored on Sunday in Worcester for their recent service in Iraq. "For me personally - I want to thank you for your service," said Col. John Conley. "To family and friends… thank you, thank you, thank you."

Many returned home last week and some of them have been home for a few months now, but all are still adjusting to life on the home front. "Has its ups and downs," said Sgt. Conrad Savory-Adams. "Gotta readjust to schedule, work, things like that."

"I'm probably 95 percent readjusted with the kids. We have three small children... establishing roles and responsibilities," said Sgt. Ron Mullet of Attleboro. "A little challenging."

The ceremony was part of a weekend long event providing these veterans with much needed support services. Many of the family members say those services helped make the deployment a little easier. But nothing compares to having these soldiers back home. "It was difficult but rewarding," said Sgt. Savory-Adams' wife Elizabeth. "He came back -- we did something for the country... very proud of him."

"You get through it," explained Siobhan Mullet. "And we're better for it. I def think we're better for it."

Sacrifice now rewarded with pride and togetherness.

http://wbztv.com/local/national.guard.homecoming.2.817341.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts