Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw article on Ch.7 news about a Fall River PO got fired for smoking. Reporter said someone wrote an annoymous letter to Chief. :( Maybe PO just needed some help to kick the habit. :?:

·
Subscribing Member
1,281 Posts
I read that article too. It seems like someone wanted him booted, and needed dirt to get him canned civil-service style. A bit of a reminder that for every group of great co-workers, there's always those few who will f*ck you over in a heartbeat.

From the article, it seems like he's got a good case to go before the commision and get his job back.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
If he got caught smoking pot they would have sent him to a clinic for his addiction but get caught smoking and they can you? Mikey is right they were just looking for a reason to give him the boot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I heard his attorney on the radio this morning... saying their defense was that this is an "unenforced law".... My guess is that they are going to try and prove that the PD knows of others who smoke and that they have not let them go etc...

Which in turn could potentially cost others their job... if the PD would rather clean house than let this guy win.... who knows...

My first thought is, and perhaps this is because I've never smoked, if you know it's a NO NO Daffy... then why risk your job and career??

I know, the addiction... still... to me it seems the rational person would seek help in quitting...

I'll be curious to see how this plays out....

·
Registered
137 Posts
"Officer Wayne Jeffrey was officially terminated from his position on May 29 after an internal investigation proved he had been smoking tobacco products during his tenure with the department. "

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks Mike. I know a couple of Fall River cops he is not one of them.

Just to add my :2c: someone wanted this guy off the job. Are you sh#ting me I know cops aren't suposed to smoke or dip but Jesus Christ come on.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
Hey Lomac!

DO you know this guy? It's not you is it?
:cry:

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
With just an annoymous letter to the Chief to go on why didn't he just get days off without pay or maybe assigned to the desk for a few weeks :?: could be more to the story :?: Maybe a long history of past trouble :?: If its just for smoking then I do not agree with the Fall River Chief at all.

·
Registered
131 Posts
fscpd907 said:
With just an annoymous letter to the Chief to go on why didn't he just get days off without pay or maybe assigned to the desk for a few weeks :?: could be more to the story :?: Maybe a long history of past trouble :?: If its just for smoking then I do not agree with the Fall River Chief at all.

fscpd907,

I think your right, for once... it definately looks like there is more to the story.... ](*,)

·
Registered
20 Posts
There IS more to the story, I hate to spread rumors but I heard from a couple of the FRPD that he made a couple of disparaging remarks directed toward the Chief. I won't repeat them, but trust me "dems waz fightin words!"

If your going to be in Admin, you better get tough skin, everybody has their own opinion about you or how you run the show. Sucks to see a guy's career go down the toilet because he voiced an opinion (or had a cigarette at a party outside of work), IF this info that I received is in fact correct (People love to talk and stories get distorted).

As a whole, there are a lot of good guys that work for that Dept.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
As soon as he files a complaint with civil service he will get his job back, and the screwball chief will have to pay him back pay. Another great chief who spends our tax dollars wisely on a case with city and town lawyers to get rid of this guy over something stupid!!!! Now for the officer in Duxbury who is/was running a scam claiming he was hurt while he was working at a restaurant thats something that the chief should use all resources to rid that asshole.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know this is a late reply... I knew this guy personally and he is a great guy and would do anything for anyone. He was just promoted months before. He would do anything for anyone. He helped me out a lot and gave me some good advice. I just think someone had it out for him and they got him on a technicality.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
RPD931 said:
Unfortunately if this guy has not been put back on the job yet, he most likely won't ever be on the job there again.

He's a decision about a Plymouth PO...

http://www.commonwealthpolice.net/news/smoke.pdf

:shock:
The appeal process takes sometimes years! I think personally he will get his job back and be paided back pay!! The jack ass chief will have egg on his face when this is all over and he will run up a large legal fee and expenses that the tax payer will have to pay for!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts