Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess there is a rule written somewhere that says Muslims must turn their heads away from the holy city of Mecca when they defecate.
LONDON -- Olympic organizers issued detailed design rules for the 2012 London games Wednesday, including a mandate that at least some toilets in the Olympic park do not face the holy Islamic city of Mecca.​
Just from one person's perspective, it would seem prudent to label those toilets that don't face Mecca. Think about it. Someone walks around all day and enters an arbitrary facility to relieve the urge and, whoa, how does he know which toilets face which way? I won't believe that all Muslims have the inherent ability to automatically know the direction of Mecca at all times.

To take it one step further, when a toilet is picked to be identified as not facing Mecca, it might be simpler just to indicate what it does face. Examples might include: China, Iran, North Korea, Barbra Striesand's Malibu mansion, Angelina Jolie's swimming pool, etc. Of course, labeling all toilets with directions faced would be a decidedly frivolous expenditure of taxpayer dollars.

Silliness aside, the whole subject of Mecca-facing toilets is moot if one considers that the Earth is a globe. Furthermore, Mecca sits at approximately 40 degrees E. longitude and 20 degrees N. latitude and on the other side of the Earth, straight through the core, sits Tahiti (approximate enough for discussion purposes). Now, for a Tahitian toilet to face Mecca, it would have to be mounted on the wall, facing downward toward the center of the Earth. Obviously, a wall-mounted toilet would not be functional.

However, it is also obvious that any functional Tahitian toilet could not possibly face Mecca. When the curvature of the Earth is taken into account, any toilet out of the region surrounding Mecca can't possibly face Mecca.

I would suggest that the only toilets actually able to face Mecca are within 100 miles of the city or they are mounted at an angle to the floor. In Britain, at 0 degrees longitude, a toilet would have to be tilted 40 degrees from the plane of the floor to face Mecca. Chances are that a user would find it difficult to defecate at a 40 degree down angle.

So, if a respected Islamic scholar could rule that the Earth is not flat and it's impossible to face Mecca at most points on the planet, the dumb defecation requirement can be repealed.

http://interested-participant.blogspot.com/

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
Other than Koz's comment I just wasted 5 minues of my life reading this. BTW Koz where did you find that pic, I thought the towelheads went freehand.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Other than Koz's comment I just wasted 5 minues of my life reading this. BTW Koz where did you find that pic, I thought the towelheads went freehand.
He must have photo shopped it because they utilize their bare left hand to wipe their ass.

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And all of this time I thought they used their head wrap
and that was why they were called shitheads

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I usually aim my ass towards Mecca whilst painting the bowl tan.

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
This begs the question; which way do the toilets face that are actually in Mecca?? :confused:
I take it you have never been to the Middle East...............

IF they actually have any, they arent like western plumbing. Its a flat porcelin basin a few inches high with a drain in the middle. They squat, etc etc.

Again, this is IF they even use one.......I watched them "cop a squat" at the roadside with a bottle of water for cleansing the left hand afterward.

Hope they dont eat Mexican.....................

G

·
Oh, I was there for longer than I care to remember.

My question is, which way do they face in Mecca when using the facilities if one isn't supposed to defecate while facing Mecca?

With hundreds of thousands of pilgrims every year, you can't tell me that everyone leaves the city to relieve themselves.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

IF they actually have any, they arent like western plumbing. Its a flat porcelin basin a few inches high with a drain in the middle. They squat, etc etc.

Again, this is IF they even use one.......I watched them "cop a squat" at the roadside with a bottle of water for cleansing the left hand afterward.

Hope they dont eat Mexican.....................
Nice...they put the "squatter" right next to the kitchen sink! Don't drink the coffee...:pinch:

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Hey, I just want to thank you guys that have been there... I really appreciate what you guys sacrificed and there are plenty of Americans that think the men and women of the United States Military are the best in the World ....Thank You..

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
One of our more esteemed members sent me the following pic taken during a recent trip to land of cedar trees and falafel..
And apparently, this was one of the more CLEAN facilities.

As for this pic and USMCTroopers; for a compulsive germaphobe like me, all I can say is: :uc:

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
One of our more esteemed members sent me the following pic taken during a recent trip to land of cedar trees and falafel..
And apparently, this was one of the more CLEAN facilities.

As for this pic and USMCTroopers; for a compulsive germaphobe like me, all I can say is: :uc:
But they deem pork chops "unclean."

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
LOL Andy \ 7....
You would have to work to find a more compulsive neat freak \ microbe fearing \ germaphobial neurotic than me... I make Felix look like Oscar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts