Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
What she did, but mostly in the place she did it was wrong, but it doesn't call for a person losing their job. Members of masscops have got in the shit for stuff they posted here. We wouldn't want to get fired for stuff we leave here.

This (stupidity) is a national epidemic and much much worse than we could fathom. She will get a job at MSNBC and a speaking spot at the next DNC, this is NOT an isolated incident. The party of tolerance and acceptance needs a fucking beatdown....not figuratively....literally.

If you defend her by using the 1st Amendment, you are an idiot.
I guess I'm an idiot, because I fully support her right to be an ignorant jackass.

"Free speech is meant to protect unpopular speech. Popular speech, by definition, needs no protection" - Neal Boortz

I really wish some people who have weighed in on this would take a deep breath, relax, and re-read what they've said. I've seen comments ranging from calling for her deportation to an unknown foreign country, to having her drawn and quartered on the Boston Common.

The service members buried in Arlington didn't make the ultimate sacrifice so the government could take punitive actions against those who say or do something they don't agree with. That's the height of totalitarianism, bordering on a dictatorship.

I'll fight to the death to protect the rights of people who choose to take an unpopular stand on an issue, be it this idiot, or the Westboro Church whackos. When we start to judge what types of free speech are acceptable and what types are not, we pervert the 1st Amendment.

She's got a right to take and post all the stupid pictures she wants. She doesn't have the right to be employed, if her employer doesn't like being linked to all that negative publicity. 1st Amendment protects government suppression of free speech, not the protection from negative consequences as a result of that speech. Having her get fired would not be an overreaction, people get dismissed for far less. It would teach her and others a valuable lesson that just because you have the freedoms, doesn't mean you have to exercise them stupidly. Shitcan her douche ass, one more on the unemployment dole won't make a difference.

She's got a right to take and post all the stupid pictures she wants. She doesn't have the right to be employed, if her employer doesn't like being linked to all that negative publicity. 1st Amendment protects government suppression of free speech, not the protection from negative consequences as a result of that speech. Having her get fired would not be an overreaction, people get dismissed for far less. It would teach her and others a valuable lesson that just because you have the freedoms, doesn't mean you have to exercise them stupidly. Shitcan her douche ass, one more on the unemployment dole won't make a difference.
If her employer wants to fire her and the photographer, they're fully within their rights to do so. Likewise, people are free to express their displeasure/disgust concerning the picture. However, the majority of comments I've seen are either government action (deportation) or vigilante (death by torture) in nature.

That's just wrong, no matter how you look at it. I didn't wear the uniform of this country so someone could be deported or executed for posing for an ignorant picture.

What she did, but mostly in the place she did it was wrong, but it doesn't call for a person losing their job. Members of masscops have got in the shit for stuff they posted here. We wouldn't want to get fired for stuff we leave here.
But she was on a work-related trip, and her supervisor was the one who took the photo. I think that makes it worthy of losing her job.
Sent from my wicked smaht DROID RAZR

Not sure about their union status which may mandate "Just Cause" but there are three "causes" to fire someone in Mass, "Good cause", "Bad Cause", and "No Cause". These allow an employer to fire anyone for any reason whatsoever, except for an "illegal" cause (race, color, national origin).

I guess I'm an idiot, because I fully support her right to be an ignorant jackass.

"Free speech is meant to protect unpopular speech. Popular speech, by definition, needs no protection" - Neal Boortz

I really wish some people who have weighed in on this would take a deep breath, relax, and re-read what they've said. I've seen comments ranging from calling for her deportation to an unknown foreign country, to having her drawn and quartered on the Boston Common.

The service members buried in Arlington didn't make the ultimate sacrifice so the government could take punitive actions against those who say or do something they don't agree with. That's the height of totalitarianism, bordering on a dictatorship.

I'll fight to the death to protect the rights of people who choose to take an unpopular stand on an issue, be it this idiot, or the Westboro Church whackos. When we start to judge what types of free speech are acceptable and what types are not, we pervert the 1st Amendment.
I think my point got lost in translation. I have not called for her death, nor deportation. I do think she should be fired. My point is that she has every right to do what she did, her employer also has every right to shit can her.

I've read comments on FB and online saying "she should sue her employer. She has 1st Amendment right to do that." That's who I was calling idiots.

When I saw it, it didn't seem to me that they intended it to be an to insult those laid to rest there, as the apology later echoed. Stupid! stupid! stupid! thing to do, but It didn't come off as intentionally anti-soldier or some kind of statement.

A guess they learned a few lessons the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pvt. Cowboy
They were both fired.
1. Being silly or expressing yourself is O.K.
2. Doing it while on the clock, responsible to provide services to adults with special needs, would seem to be the only issue here.

So there you have it simply. She acted a certain way while employed and accompanied with persons under her guidance, who arguably could be influenced or impressed by said actions. Employer deems it unprofessional conduct and feels it harms the company image, AND potentially the clients receiving services? See ya later. Even the best public-sector job, with a strong union backing you there would be a suspension at least.

Reactions: lofu
She went into this knowing what she was going to do and looking for attention, guess what - she got it , and it backfired in her face.I believe thats the ONLY reason she did it.

I've read comments on FB and online saying "she should sue her employer. She has 1st Amendment right to do that." That's who I was calling idiots.
Those people are idiots, because most street lawyers don't even know that Constitutional protections only apply to governmental action.

We work with some people who have done more stupid things than this.
In your profession i'm sure you have had your share of people who have stepped on their D*cks, but i am sure we have not heard the last of this lindsey broad, she may end up all over the friggin talk show circuit as a result.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Woman loses job over post on Facebook

Lindsey Stone - the Plymouth woman taking an online beating for posting a photo of herself flipping the bird at Arlington National Cemetery on Facebook - has lost her job.
"Lindsey resigned and we accepted her resignation," LIFE Inc. CEO Diane Enochs told the Herald last night.
LIFE Inc. of Hyannis - a Cape Cod nonprofit that helps adults with special needs - announced last night

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/co...book_poster_out_of_sight/srvc=home&position=1

I think the lesson here is that if youre going to act retarded (doesnt matter the intent) and post it on the internet that you are risking your reputation,job and possibly your life. If Shes smart she'll close her fb account and stay off social web sites. Maybe some will learn from her mistake

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.