Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1950's Woolworths Menu

If any of you have doubt about what we kids paid for a coke and a sandwich at Woolworth's in the 1950's, here's proof of the era we lived........and it was a GREAT ERA to live as a teenager !!!!

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Nooooo Costanza, you socially divergent miscreant.
The "coke" in Coca Cola was eliminated after the turn of the century..

Although imagine the smile in the "coke and a smile" if it were still in there? Ahhhhhh.....

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
I still get a Coke for 10 cents, in a glass bottle, everyday.

G

·
One of my favorite memories of childhood is going to the Woolworth lunch counter with my mother after getting dragged out shopping with her and getting a grilled cheese, fries, & a milk.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Ahhhh... Woolworths (aka The 5 and Dime) lunch counter in Central Sq. Cambridge.
The cheeseburger platter with fries. Memories..

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
18 cent burgers at Kemps in Nashaua, 31cents a gallon for gas at Speedway in Chelmsford and stealing my dad's Black Lable beer. Ah the memories

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I spent half my youth in Cambridge....the other half on the North Shore...it was a culture shock to go from the burbs to Haaaaaavrd Square....my father lived on Follen St....

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Franklin St. 7. Working class Central Sq. folk.
My father retired from the navy and we (as my grandmother said) "moved to the woods".. Tewksbury.. LOL

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
Anyone remember the restaurants inside department stores (anyone here remember department stores?) Grants, Steigers, G Fox.....

G

·
Anyone remember the restaurants inside department stores (anyone here remember department stores?) Grants, Steigers, G Fox.....
Jordan Marsh in Braintree had one until only a few years before the axe fell.

Who else remembers blueberry muffins from the Jordan Marsh bakery?

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I cant help but add all the Diners from yesteryear, without a doubt my favorite place to eat at, I used to go hunting with my father in Middleton Ma, end then go to the Agawam Diner for banana cream pie...also the Capitol Diner in Lynn...

·
Grim reaper
1,361 Posts
I eat at a diner any chance I get. (I also watch Diners, drive-ins and dives on the Food Network)

Some still around in Massachusetts:
South St. Diner in Boston
Day & Night in Palmer
Miss Florence in Northampton
Blue Bonnet in Northampton
Miss Adams Diner in Adams
Route 66 in Springfield
Whately Diner off Rte 91 in Whately

add to the list people!

G

·
Jimmy's Diner - Weymouth
Olympian Diner - Braintree
Arlington Diner - Arlington

R.I.P. Eddie's Diner in Quincy - I think I was in there sober only one time in my entire adult life.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
Is Harry's on Rt. 9 in Westboro still around?
They used to do one hell of a roast pork dinner and awesome pastrami.

2 places in NH, Maryann's in Derry and The Red Arrow in Manchester.
At either, you will have one tasty and satisfying breakfast.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts