External vest carriers | MassCops

External vest carriers

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by stm4710, Feb 5, 2013.

1. stm4710

stm4710 Subscribing Member

2. GMass

GMass Guest

I have one, worn once. You want it? I have the suspenders too. I'll give you a deal.

I liked it, but we changed uniforms and the carrier.doesn't match.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

3. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

I thought you looked fabulous Gmass.... images.jpg

HousingCop, OCKS, LGriffin and 3 others like this.
  4. GMass

GMass Guest

Thanks babe

7costanza likes this.
  5. Bloodhound

Bloodhound MassCops Member

We have them, I like it, I don't find mine riding up or anything. It's nice to be able to take it off when report writing and stuff. The downside I find is wearing it over a normal uniform shirt feels a lot hotter especially in summer. I keep hearing that Blauer is supposed to come out with a new uniform shirt that has Under Armour type material underneath where this vest covers, but I haven't seen one yet.

PDrecruit, Joel98 and USMCMP5811 like this.
  6. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

I've seen them, they do exist.

7. 4808

4808 MassCops Member

I have both the ArmorSkin and the Street Shirt.... Highly recommand.

Joel98 likes this.
  8. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Not a fan....as much as you try to match the uniform color, it's going to be noticeable, and the arm holes make for 2 great grabbing points.

As soon as an observant bad guy figures out you're wearing an external vest, you could soon find yourself on the ground, courtesy of the grabbing/throwing points you've so graciously provided him through your laziness of wanting something more comfortable/convenient.

frank and Hush like this.
  9. GMass

GMass Guest

Blauer has a shirt.and carrier system that matches perfectly. The pockets and all look like a regular supershirt. I didn't have the arm hole issue, but mine bowed slighly in the back near my neck. I believe that was due.to my bad posture and back best pannel too large

10. GMass

GMass Guest

Blauer does make the shirt that has cloth sleeves and upper chest but the torso is moisture wicking. Andreas and AAA has them.

I know of someone who wears them under a jacket.

Bloodhound likes this.
  11. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I've seen them. They're noticeable if you're paying attention, and bad guys who are willing to assault a cop are definitely paying attention.

If you're wearing an external vest, you DO have the arm hole issue.

12. GMass

GMass Guest

Funny. My coworkers say I have an asshole issue. I'm just full of issues.

I got 99 problems and a bitch aint one!

13. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

I like the outer carriers and wear it all the time. To each his own.

Joel98 and lofu like this.
  14. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

That's fine, but just realize that you've sacrificed a tactical advantage for some comfort/convenience.

It's not worth the trade-off for me. If I'm killed in line of duty, I want people to say "Well, there was nothing else he could have done to prevent that", not "Well, the bad guy grabbed the armholes of his external vest carrier, threw him to the ground easily, then put a 9mm round in his head".

I put on my *concealed* vest over my shirt, then asked my wife to grab the armholes and try to throw me. I have about 70lbs on her (she's very tall), and she threw me to the ground like nothing at all.

What do you think a male veteran convict could do, under identical circumstances?

15. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Not to mention if an armed bad guy realizes you have one of those things on, he's going right for the head and by pass the chest.

SgtAndySipowicz and Delta784 like this.
  16. cousteau

cousteau MassCops Member

Sometimes I wear my underwear on the outside.

Oscar8, right.as.rain and frank like this.
  17. csauce777

You don't think most bad guys already know we wear body armor?

In your case, you don't think gangstas in LA don't already assume every LAPD officer is wearing a vest? Of course they know you're wearing armor.

lofu likes this.
  18. LA Copper

Sure I do, however, when a bad guy shoots at the police, it's usually a spur of the moment thing and the bad guy usually, though not always, shoots for center mass, just like we do. They don't generally think of the vest, they just shoot at us. I've not checked but I believe that most officers who are shot on the job, are shot in the body and not the head.

19. csauce777

You're absolutely right, and because of that, short of an ambush, which may result in headshots from a bad guy, even with an outer carrier, the bad guy is still far more likely to chuck lead at the body and hope for the best.

lofu and LA Copper like this.
  20. Killjoy

Killjoy Zombie Hunter

I'd just be happy if everyone on our job wore their vest, whether it was under their shirt, over their shirt or freaking Batman's skintight suit. Too many guys choose comfort over safety and forgo wearing vests at all.

I don't really have an opinion on these; there are advantages and disadvantages to different systems, but my department doesn't allow them for road guys anyways. I've seen some of our K-9 braves using them to great efficiency, but something tells me with their furred chainsaw partners, they aren't too concerned about wrestling with a suspect!

Delta784 and Hush like this.
  21. Joel98

Joel98 MassCops Member

I like the external carriers and prefer them over the traditional style, they take weight off your lower back and hips, which in my opinion is good....I'd rather not have two back surgeries before I'm 55.

lofu likes this.
  22. LA Copper

Amen, Brother.

23. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

I've been wearing a concealed vest and gunbelt (without suspenders) for 25 years, and have never had an issue with my back.

24. GMass

GMass Guest

I need to figure out how you're doing.it, because I'm suffering.

lofu likes this.
  25. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

Regular visits to a chiropractor.

Foxracingmtnridr and Oscar8 like this.