Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On November 26, 2003, the Governor signed Chapter 124 of the Acts of 2003, amending G.L. c. 40, Section 8G, pertaining to the municipal aid agreements. The change (effective February 24, 2004) expands the authority of municipalities to enter into police mutual aid agreements with cities and towns “in states contiguous to the commonwealth.” The new act also adds language making it clear that police officers providing aid pursuant to mutual aid agreements “shall have all the immunities and powers granted to them” in the employing municipalities, including arrest powers.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
The next logical question to me seems;

"Will the Governors of New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island accept this? I'm sure they don't have to. Will they seek reciprocity?
:?

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Just a reminder to keep this topic in line. It was closed not too long ago for getting off topic and out of hand. Thank you.

·
Subscribing Member
4,316 Posts
UPDATE FOR HOUSE 593
AS OF NOVEMBER 10, 2003

Report of a Committee.

Ms. Jacques, for the committee on Steering and Policy, reported that the following matter be placed in the Orders of the Day for the next session:

The House Bill relative to police mutual aid agreements (House, No. 593).

There being no objection, on motion of Mr. Hedlund, the bill was read a second time, and on further motion of Mr. Hedlund, the bill was recommitted to the committee on Public Service.

I have no clue what this means!! :?:

G

·
It sounds like it wasnt inacted, they sent it back to commitee for reveiw where like alot of other bills, go to die usually the final resting spot for unwanted bills. Its the politically correct way of saying they'll take it under advisement, which hardly ever happens.

·
Subscribing Member
2,280 Posts
I read in the Brockton Enterpise not sure when, possibly the first of the month of December 1-7 that governor Romney signed a mutual aid bill into law given to him by the Senate. I am not sure if it was the same bill discussed here but I am positive from what I read Romney did sign a Mutual Aid Agreement into law. Note: it was Senate Bill #1342 of Chapter 124 of Senate session 2003 amended on November 26, 2003 as Brian823 reported earlier.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Again, moved the badge discussion.............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.