Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
Joined
·
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houston traffic stop nabs officer who left in storm.

By Bob Ussery
Staff writer
A former New Orleans police officer who authorities say left his post during the Hurricane Katrina aftermath was booked with unauthorized use of a truck after Houston police stopped the man for speeding Saturday.

After being pulled over on a busy Houston freeway, Willie Earl Bickham, 36, showed identification and told police he was a member of the New Orleans Police Department.



Houston police noticed the black 2005 Chevrolet pickup truck, which was marked with the Sewell dealership's name, did not have license plates. Police were also suspicious of the registration information provided by Bickham. When police consulted computerized records, they learned the truck was listed stolen after Katrina.

Houston Police Department spokesman Sgt. Nate McDuell said Bickham was cooperative, but said he was a New Orleans police officer. McDuell said police learned from New Orleans police that Bickham resigned in the first week after the storm to avoid being fired for abandoning his post.

McDuell said Bickham was booked with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and with impersonating a police officer.

He said Bickham had a gun and a police identification document that may have been issued by New Orleans police. Bickham was not booked in connection with the gun and police identification pending action by New Orleans police.

The New Orleans Police Department couldn't be reached for comment, but McDuell said New Orleans police are helping Houston authorities investigate the case.

"We understood Bickham had no legal standing with the department at all," McDuell said. "We understood he resigned in lieu of termination."

The investigation into how Bickham got the truck is continuing, McDuell said.

Last month, reports surfaced that the Louisiana attorney general's office was investigating the alleged theft of about 200 cars from Sewell Cadillac Chevrolet, possibly by NOPD officers. Acting New Orleans Police Superintendent Warren Riley revealed his own internal investigations.

The dealership has reported the cars stolen included 88 new Cadillacs and Chevrolets, 40 used cars, 52 customers' cars and a restored 1970 El Camino and 1966 Impala. The loss on new cars was estimated at more than $4 million.
 

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
Joined
·
3,299 Posts
Another disgrace to the shield. When the going got tough he jumped ship and left in a stolen M/V, real nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
RPD931 said:
Another disgrace to the shield. When the going got tough he jumped ship and left in a stolen M/V, real nice.
HI,

FIRST OF ALL, EVERYONE THAT WANT TO VOICE THEIR SORRY OPINIONS WAS NOT EVEN THERE,WAS NOT IN THE WATER ,DID NOT SEE THE WATER FOR THEMSELVES,DID NOT HAVE TO WORRY IF THEIR LOVEDONES WERE DEAD OR ALIVE ,HOW CAN SOME PEOPLE JUDGE SOMEONE BY THE MEDIA. I FEEL AS THOUGH THAT IT IS A VERY SMALL MINDED PERSON TO DO SO AND I HAVE THE VERY LEAST RESPECT FOR ANYONE WHO CHOSE TO DO SO .EVERYONE IS JUDGING THIS MAN THROUGH 3RD PERSON. BUT WHAT THE MEDIA FAILED TO REVEALED TO THEIR TRUSTY VIEWERS IS THAT THE OFFICER WAS THERE BEFORE, DURING AND 3 DAYS AFTER .BEFORE COMMUNICATION WAS LOST HE HAD TO LISTEN A VOICMAIL OF HIS BROTHER STATING " SEND A HELICOPTER ! WERE ON THE SECOND FLOOR AND THE WATER IS STILL TO OUR KNEES AND WERE GOING ON THE ROOF!" AND AT THE SAME TIME HAVE TO LISTEN TO HIS TWO NIECES SCREAMING AND CRYING IN THE BACKGROUND AND NOT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE HE WAS (KEYWORD) AT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO THE NEXT TIME IT FLASHES ACROSSES THE SCREEN THINK ABOUT TWO LITTLE GIRLS 2 & 5 YRS OLD AND A 76 YRS OLD ELDERLY LADY THAT IS NOW DEAD.SO IS IT A DISGRACE TO LOVE YOUR FAMILY AND THE OFFICERS THAT WERE TOTALLY DEDICATED GOT FIRED ANYWAY AND THE OTHER ONES COMMITED SUICIDE.THINK ABOUT THAT, PLEASE TAKE PEOPLE CHARACTER IN CONSIDERATION.

THANK YOU,
DISGUSTED
 

·
Thread Killa
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
His character

He stole a truck, impersonated an officer (he resigned so he wouldn't be fired), and was using what was a fake ID and lied to cover up a crime.

That's his character....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
SOT_II said:
His character

He stole a truck, impersonated an officer (he resigned so he wouldn't be fired), and was using what was a fake ID and lied to cover up a crime.

That's his character....
HI,

IT SEEMS LIKE "HE" IS SOME PEOPLE FAVORITE WORD ,IF YOU WANT TO JUDGE SO MUCH , JUDGE EVERYONE WHO TOOK THEM. HE DID NOT STEAL THE TRUCK, OTHER OFFICERS ALONG WITH HIM WERE TOLD TO USE THEM ,BECAUSE THE CRUISERS WENT UNDERWATER.

SO SIR OR MADAM,
YOU SAY ALL THAT ABOUT A STOLEN TRUCK ANDIMPERSONATING AN OFFICER ,ETC... AND STILL DONT HAVE A QUATER OF SYMPATHY FOR CHILDREN AND THE ELDERLY,
TALK ABOUT LEARNING A LESSON??? OK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
dh18 said:
My grandmother died this week, i still went to work during the blizzard. Do i get steal a car too?
DID YOU HAVE A CAR TO GET THE FUNERAL ? IF YOU SAID YES ( CASE CLOSED)
I STILL SEND MY CONDOLENCES
 

·
Thread Killa
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
If that were true, then
1. He would have given it back after he quit (to avoid being fired).
2. It would never have been reported stolen.
3. No criminal charges would have been filed.
Basically this POS left his post, stole a car, and kept it...well after he was no longer a cop.

Any cop or person with half a brain would have secured his family PRIOR to the STORM, then did his job. Notice not all the police down in NO have been arrested for stealing cars and driving to TX...and not all have quit due to the threat of being fired...and not all have used expired ID and pretended they were still on the job...only the shitbird ones have.

I have sympathy for children and the elderly but I have none for a "criminal cop".

There endeth the lesson.
DISGUSTED said:
HI,

IT SEEMS LIKE "HE" IS SOME PEOPLE FAVORITE WORD ,IF YOU WANT TO JUDGE SO MUCH , JUDGE EVERYONE WHO TOOK THEM. HE DID NOT STEAL THE TRUCK, OTHER OFFICERS ALONG WITH HIM WERE TOLD TO USE THEM ,BECAUSE THE CRUISERS WENT UNDERWATER.

SO SIR OR MADAM,
YOU SAY ALL THAT ABOUT A STOLEN TRUCK ANDIMPERSONATING AN OFFICER ,ETC... AND STILL DONT HAVE A QUATER OF SYMPATHY FOR CHILDREN AND THE ELDERLY,
TALK ABOUT LEARNING A LESSON??? OK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
SOT_II said:
If that were true, then
1. He would have given it back after he quit (to avoid being fired).
2. It would never have been reported stolen.
3. No criminal charges would have been filed.
Basically this POS left his post, stole a car, and kept it...well after he was no longer a cop.

Any cop or person with half a brain would have secured his family PRIOR to the STORM, then did his job. Notice not all the police down in NO have been arrested for stealing cars and driving to TX...and not all have quit due to the threat of being fired...and not all have used expired ID and pretended they were still on the job...only the shitbird ones have.

I have sympathy for children and the elderly but I have none for a "criminal cop".

There endeth the lesson.
HI,

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, JUST LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! THERE WERE 3 OFFICERS ARRESTED IN THE PROCESS OF RETURNING THE CARS , SO PLEASE TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW FIRST.IT DID NOT MAKE IT ON THE NEWS BECAUSE THE CHIEFS WERE REASSIGNED!AND WHO SAID HE DID NOT TRY TO AND PROVIDED THEM.YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT MAKE HIM DRINK.SO KNOW YOUR FACTS SWEETY.BESIDES I THINK SOME PEOPLE COULD HAVE DONE WORSE (HINT HINT)

THANK YOU
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
1,442 Posts
DISGUSTED said:
HI,

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, JUST LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! THERE WERE 3 OFFICERS ARRESTED IN THE PROCESS OF RETURNING THE CARS , SO PLEASE TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW FIRST.IT DID NOT MAKE IT ON THE NEWS BECAUSE THE CHIEFS WERE REASSIGNED!AND WHO SAID HE DID NOT TRY TO AND PROVIDED THEM.YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT MAKE HIM DRINK.SO KNOW YOUR FACTS SWEETY.BESIDES I THINK SOME PEOPLE COULD HAVE DONE WORSE (HINT HINT)

THANK YOU
Reading your posts is causing me great pain. Caps Lock please hit it before you post again. Also please tell me the English is a second language.
I don't think anyone could have done worse. Katrina was a worst case scenario that happened in the worst possible location to a group least equipped to deal with it.
 

·
Thread Killa
Joined
·
6,056 Posts
Yes I'm sure he was returning the car in TX and lying about his status as a police officer because he was an honest guy. I'm sure that his character was proven when he was thisclose to being fired for leaving his post so much so he had to quit.

The facts are he quit so he wasn't fired for leaving his post, he was arrested for driving a STOLEN car via speeding stop.

Like I said, not all the police in NO ended up in his same position, not all of them quit so they wouldn't be fired for leaving their post. Not all of them were arrested for taking cars and then not being police and still driving them around.

I am sure with you ability to justify this shitbirds conduct you could certainly do a lot worse. I just can't belive anyone could really be as stupid as you are playing up, so I'm guessing this is a troll and I fell for it.
 

·
MassCops Angel
Joined
·
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DISGUSTED said:
HI,

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, JUST LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT! THERE WERE 3 OFFICERS ARRESTED IN THE PROCESS OF RETURNING THE CARS , SO PLEASE TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW FIRST.IT DID NOT MAKE IT ON THE NEWS BECAUSE THE CHIEFS WERE REASSIGNED!AND WHO SAID HE DID NOT TRY TO AND PROVIDED THEM.YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT MAKE HIM DRINK.SO KNOW YOUR FACTS SWEETY.BESIDES I THINK SOME PEOPLE COULD HAVE DONE WORSE (HINT HINT)

THANK YOU
He was a dumb ass that got caught speeding back to duty in NO no doubt. STFU !!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
topcop14 said:
Reading your posts is causing me great pain. Caps Lock please hit it before you post again. Also please tell me the English is a second language.
I don't think anyone could have done worse. Katrina was a worst case scenario that happened in the worst possible location to a group least equipped to deal with it.
I guess it would be easier said than done ,and please do not reply to me again. And if your wondering if English is my second language , I have a B.S. and a master's in Engineering and Physics. And making more than a cop would ever make.

SMOOCHES!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
kwflatbed said:
He was a dumb ass that got caught speeding back to duty in NO no doubt. STFU !!!!!
WHY BE SO HOSTILE SWEETY, ANGRY? BECAUSE YOU STILL TALKING OUT THE SIDE OF YOUR ASS? AND NO THIS IS NOT WILLIE WE WENT TO SCHOOL AND CHURCH TOGETHER SINCE EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW.

SMOOCHES !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
kwflatbed said:
He was a dumb ass that got caught speeding back to duty in NO no doubt. STFU !!!!!
OOOOH! VERY PROFESSIONAL.HONESTLY, I DONT THINK YOU WOULD HAVE SURVIVED THE HURRICANE, BECAUSE YOUR PROBABLY USE TO HANDLING CASES WHEN SOMEONE SHORT CHANGE THE CLERK AT THE FEED STORE OR RESCUE AN OLD LADY'S CAT THE TREE, SO YOU STFU!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
SOT_II said:
If that were true, then
1. He would have given it back after he quit (to avoid being fired).
2. It would never have been reported stolen.
3. No criminal charges would have been filed.
Basically this POS left his post, stole a car, and kept it...well after he was no longer a cop.

Any cop or person with half a brain would have secured his family PRIOR to the STORM, then did his job. Notice not all the police down in NO have been arrested for stealing cars and driving to TX...and not all have quit due to the threat of being fired...and not all have used expired ID and pretended they were still on the job...only the shitbird ones have.

I have sympathy for children and the elderly but I have none for a "criminal cop".

There endeth the lesson.
YOU WOULD HAVE NEVER SURVIVED THE HURRICANE.I AM SO HAPPY YOU WERE NOT ON DUTY TO SAVE LIVES.
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
1,442 Posts
DISGUSTED said:
I guess it would be easier said than done ,and please do not reply to me again. And if your wondering if English is my second language , I have a B.S. and a master's in Engineering and Physics. And making more than a cop would ever make.

SMOOCHES!
I see you still have not figure out that one does not just type in capital letters. I would have expected more proper english from someone with a graduate degree, Oh well . While I am sure that you make more than a NOPD cop, I am a cop in Massachusetts. Hell the illegal Brazilians at Donkin Donuts make more then NOPD Cops. (no wounder they are the most corrupt in the nation)
Have you any idea how much money cops in Massachusetts make?
Why don't you go back to the rock you crawled out from.:flipoff:
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top