EVOC | MassCops

EVOC

Discussion in 'MPTC' started by haldog, Sep 24, 2013.

1. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

Any of you self sponsors out there want to tell me how you completed this part of the academy? My chief will not supply me a vehicle, and all the MPTC Directors that I have talked to all say its a requirement that I have a vehicle for EVOC.

Is there anywhere in this state that will supply me a towns cruiser that has been taken off of Patrol?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. tms1989

tms1989 MassCops Member

When I went thru we had one guy who's department actually didn't have cruisers (College Dept). The EVOC instructors gave him one of the old SP cars to beat on for the week.

3. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

tms1989,

how long ago was that? Was that at Fort Devins?

4. tms1989

tms1989 MassCops Member

I went thru EVOC in July of 2012, it was indeed at Devens. I'd try to talk to your instructors soon after starting the Academy to see if your still able to do this. I don't see why you wouldn't though. Just don't wait till the last minute to bring this up to them

5. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

Thanks for the advice.

6. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Rent a crown Vic. Spring for the full coverage insurance.

pahapoika likes this.
  7. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

Is that acceptable? Am I allowed to do that? I won't need the light bar for any part of the training?

8. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

And do you happen to know who does Crown Vic rentals? I am looking now, I doubt your average car rental shop has a Crown Vic.

9. Hush

Most of them do, or did a few years ago...won't have the police package of course, but the Velour interior will keep you from sliding around. Or a nice V-6 charger would do nicely too.

pahapoika likes this.
  10. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

I just sent an email to the director seeing if it is acceptable. I hope it is.

11. Hush

About a rental car? I'm guessing that won't fly. Tis better to apologize than to ask permission sometimes.

12. haldog

haldog MassCops Member

We shall find out. Thanks for all the replies.

13. FAPD

FAPD MassCops Member

Crown Vic rentals? Stop! If Sgt Lee/State Police is still in charge at Ayer, he could probably let you know if they can loan you one from the "beat fleet"

WaterPistola, pahapoika and mpd61 like this.
  14. SNHU

SNHU MassCops Member

I went through EVOC last month. They supplied the cruisers (old SP cruisers) for the majority of my academy class. DO NOT rent a car for the week. Thats ridiculous.

pahapoika and mpd61 like this.
  15. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

went through a day course last year and the troopers let us use one of the old crown vics.

( they have allot of them at the airstrip )

great guys, great course

16. Hush

Now that's just showing off!

USMCMP5811 likes this.
  17. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

check out those old Chevys :)

GARDA likes this.
  18. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

I wheeled the Chevy with its LT1 Corvette engine for the first 8 yrs. of my career...

All others since haven't compared to that rocketship.

pahapoika, frank and Hush like this.
  19. USAF286

USAF286 MassCops Member

There is no replacement for displacement. Chevy's 350 CI is one of the best engines out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

pahapoika and GARDA like this.
  20. Herrdoktor

Herrdoktor MassCops Member

No, no please do and let us know how well it went.

visible25 and Hush like this.
  21. 7point

7point MassCops Member

If your evocative is at sevens, they will most likely give you a beater blue bird, if you head to the cape I do not know. I was s able to get another student officer to get permission for me to use his cruiser. Just ask around

22. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Welcome 7point.....it not hard to figure that "seven" has infiltrated your life.....Get help. Also I'm sure the OP has long ago solved the problem...........:p

mtc, Bloodhound, Goose and 1 other person like this.
  23. 7point

7point MassCops Member

Damn auto correct on my kindle! I hate this thing. Also wasn't sure if he had been accepted yet so I figured I would throw out my 2cents. Plus there are a ton of people trying to self sponsor so I figured it may help someone down the road.

mtc likes this.
  24. TacEntry

TacEntry MassCops Member

The new 6.0 liter Chevy caprice is a freakin rocket - just did EVOC refresher and the instructors were haulin ass on the track in that thing- I drove the hemi Dodge Charger a few years ago on the track and put it through it's paces- annihilated anything a CVPI could do as far as acceleration.

I asked the Instructors how the new Caprice compares to the hemi charger speed wise- they said it's similar- they commented that the Chevys brakes were GLOWING red and began to fail quickly when pushed.

25. PBC FL Cop

PBC FL Cop Subscribing Member

That would be unfair not to give you access to a cruiser for EVOC. Can't you use a fellow classmates for the exercises?