EPO's Guns in Court (Merged Threads) | Page 11 | MassCops

EPO's Guns in Court (Merged Threads)

Discussion in 'Hot Topics' started by Boats, Nov 16, 2007.

1. fra444

fra444 MassCops Member

Is this just in one court or state wide?

2. robodope

robodope MassCops Member

If you guys can't bring your guns..You should walk in carrying a bowstaff

3. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

It's down to about 6 or 7 in central Ma. BMC tried it, that lasted 1 day. Palmer is now considered a "friendly court" they reversed their thinking along with many other courts. Read the whole thread "fra444" you will get a good sense of how much of a fucktard political players and hacks can be.

I wonder how the whiteshits are gonna deal with an upcoming trial I have where the main piece of evidence is a Rem 1100?

4. sgt128-13

sgt128-13 MassCops Member

Same thing is now happening to armed campus officers out here in Hampden County... Without rhyme or reason and out of nowhere. I read all 25 merged pages of this thread... looking for some direction and resources. :confused:

5. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

How you making out SGT.?

6. sgt128-13

sgt128-13 MassCops Member

Haven't made any calls yet as I still have to talk with my chief. But I did hear that this topic was brought up at the last chief's meeting. So when I get back to work on Friday, it will be first on the list. Thanks for the info Tuna!

7. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Any time Bro, keep the faith and stay safe.

8. rg1283

rg1283 MassCops Member

Some of the White Shirts look very professional and earn their approx. $33 an hour well. Some even carry 2 pairs of handcuffs. These are the ones that truly deserve this coveted job where one does not have to work overtime or details to make ends meet. These ones I respect. Especially the one that works the jury pool. Takes pride in his appearance.

Other white shirts (sadly a lot of them) seem to be overweight, and look like they just worked a shift at stop and shop (shirt untucked, tie crooked, etc.). Some don't even carry handcuffs at all! One court officer in the criminal court room had NO hand cuffs on him, no handcuff case nothing. What a nice punch in the face to fellow court officers. There is a reason why court officers all have radios, so they can back each other up. Court Officers only real weapon on them are their handcuffs, you can be called anywhere at anytime in that court house for an emergency in a court room. Blue shirts have only been around maybe 20 years at the most. Not too long ago there were no metal detectors at court houses. You could walk in like it was Stop and Shop.

The Blue shirts are the ones that get crapped on the most. What are you supposed to do totally unarmed if you find a gun. Yell gun! and run away. WTF? I know its not the Blue Shirt's fault. However they work hard and get almost nothing pay wise and nothing to protect themselves from dealing with scumbag criminals and lawyers at the metal detectors. However the ability to network with police officers who come to the court house and help pursue future law enforcement goals makes this job worth its weight in gold IMHO.

9. New Hire

New Hire MassCops Member

I couldn't agree more!

VERY well put.

10. Foxy85

Foxy85 MassCops Member

The Blue shirts are the ones that get crapped on the most. What are you supposed to do totally unarmed if you find a gun. Yell gun! and run away. WTF? I know its not the Blue Shirt's fault. However they work hard and get almost nothing pay wise and nothing to protect themselves from dealing with scumbag criminals and lawyers at the metal detectors. However the ability to network with police officers who come to the court house and help pursue future law enforcement goals makes this job worth its weight in gold IMHO.

Alot of the Blue Shirts get promoted to White shirts as well, also making the job well worth it. This use to be unheard of, and you were lucky to find 1 or 2 blue shirts getting promoted when they first came around....Which is actually ironic, because when they created the job back in the early 90's they were all handed the white shirt pay chart stating that, thats what they would be making within a year.... The union, has made alot of progress in pushing for blue shirts to get promoted. Current Court Officer classes usually see about 50% of them being prior blue shirts.

As far as netowrking goes....Its awsome....I've met some great guys from the departments that go to my court, and as such, was able to network my way onto a dept.

The pay sucks, and it doesn't. Its ok for young guys starting out....really no worse then a Campus Police Officer I. THe only difference being that there is no OT/Details. Blue shirts max out at approx. $37,500. Once our contract goes through, if ever, it will be around $41,000....