Environmental police dispatch | MassCops

Environmental police dispatch

Discussion in 'Dispatch / Communications' started by Q2B, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Q2B

Q2B MassCops Member

Wondering if there are any EPOs or EP dispatchers on here. Just saw a job posting for EP dispatch; I want to know why the person chosen for the job needs to have the "Ability to be appointed as a Deputy Environmental Police Officer."?

2. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Most likely its to run CORI checks and do other administrative tasks that requires a sworn LEO when dispatch has down time without pulling staff off the road when they are already short. I know of a different state agency that does this.

3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Most dispatchers can do all that anyway. Our dispatchers aren't sworn in the least an do it for us regularly.... Or when we're forced to actually work.

Being angry and disgruntled does create a fair amount of downtime.

4. Goose

As I understand it, FBI CJIS regulations for NCIC access require that their systems be accessed by/for sworn law enforcement personnel only. Dispatchers can run queries and such when directed to by cops, but a dispatcher should not simply be running queries on their own volition.

5. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

I wont comment on this other than be careful what you wish for.

mtc likes this.
  6. Crazy Otto

Crazy Otto Working for the clampdown

Might be a good way to get in on the ground floor before the merger...:p

Bloodhound, Q2B and Goose like this.
  7. Q2B

Q2B MassCops Member

What other state agency does this?

8. Goose

It's a non-LE state agency and that's all I'll say as I was told in confidence and it's not public knowledge. It's not even commonly known amongst the men and women that work there either.