Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,136 Posts
DB82";p="56783 said:
Guy at work told me about this site.

With all the warning lights on cars now people still aim or dont see police cars!

http://statepatrol.ohio.gov/newsroom/video.htm

Shows us how unsafe stops or accidents can be. Stay safe!
On the third one down...the guy didn't even hit the brakes until AFTER he came to a halt after wedging himself between the ambulance and the other car!

·
1,334 Posts
People are just as dangerous behind the wheel, period. When your traveling to the call or when your there. Had a guy the other day that didn't get the hint. Going to a call, on a main road approaching the center of town during the morning commute. A fair amount of traffic. Three cars behind him notice the lights and siren and pull to the right as they are supposed to. Four cars in front of him do the same. Nope, not the guy in the Jaguar. Still keeps going anther 100' traveling slowly in the lane, takes a slow right turn onto a side street, kid jumping in the background. Only looks up when I have to resort to the hi/lo siren. :twisted:

Take some of those NHTSA funds and do some advertisements like Ohio about moving to the left. It deals with traffic safety and our safety! I just heard a radio ad that one of the local TV stations is doing a segment on the safety of commuter in the break down lane. I hope they talk to some PD's that have highways running through there jurisdiction to get the message out.

G

·
Unfortunately nothing will make a difference for the idiots behind the wheel. The other day I was in the right lane of Rt 128 SB Beverly for potholes. My cruiser w/ lights on, a MASS HWAY truck w/ yellow LEDs and a HUGE arrow board pointing to the left lane. MVs still change lanes at the last minute. A van came right up to the cruiser. I pointed at the arrow board and yelled get out of here. He yells " I didn't Fu%&ing see it". Of course he didn't notice. My fault. I forget to set off the fireworks.
:alcoholi:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Some people are just Idiots! :shock:

The third one down w/ the ambulance, there's NO EXCUSE!

Good reminder to always watch your 6 on MV stops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.