Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone else get calls like these once in a while?

Got a call tonight on the emergency line...

Me: "Police emergency, your location?"
Female: "uhh hello...hello"
Me: "Hello, what is your emergency"
Female: "I'm looking for ______ Public Safety"
Me: "Ms, same department, what's your emergency"
Female: "I am looking for _____ Public Safety"
Me: "Mam this is a police line, what is your emergency"
Female: "Um well.... I... uh..."
Me: "Ms what is the problem? Is this an emergency?"
Female: "YES!!"
Me: "Ok, what's the problem"
Female: "Well, my train is late and I am supposed to check in at 9:00 pm and we are not going to get there on time ... "
Me: "MAM that is NOT an emergency call back at this number ____"

Minute goes by and her number comes on the caller ID

Me: "______ this line is recorded, So what is supposed to happen at 9:00pm?"
Female: "Hello is this _____ Public safety"
Me: "Ms I just got off the phone with you, what is supposed to happen at 9:00pm?"
Female: "Well were supposed to check in with ___ but our train is late"
Me: "OK"

...long pause...

Me: "Ms....what would you like the police to do about it?"
Female: "Um.... uhh.... I don't know"
Me: "Uhhhh huh, so you called the police because your train is late"
Female: "Yes"
Me: "Call this number____"

Just when I thought when people called for the Greyhound schedule was the thickest people got!

·
Registered
393 Posts
How about when you answer 911 and get, "Can you give me directions to"
I tell them call back on this number, and they say" but can you tell me how to get here". Sometimes you just wanna say [email protected]#$ OFF! :twisted:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
I like the 411 mis-dials, "can you give me the number for (blah Blah) I just say "one moment please...... pause the number is 508-BLA-BLAH (usually a neighboring PD) :wink: hmmm Norton for instance :lol:

Never really got the ones looking for directions, but a lot of phone number request, If I wansn't in a playful mood I would just tell them 411

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
While on the subject of phone calls.

Once in a while on a slow winter night we would conference call two departments, if the timing was right they would both think they received the call. One call lasted 10 mins before one said to the other "so what did ya need" the reply was "well you called us" after realizing they were part of a little fun they always blamed East Providence, I could never figure out why?

One dept. was smart enough to use phone security and traced it back to City Hall...lol They called us up and asked about an address, I said that's city hall why? oh cuz we keep getting prank calls from there.....long pause....hmmm must be that the janitor is drunk again, I'll have a talk with him. :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
911 This line is recorded, what is your emergency?

Caller: uummm yes, sorry to bother you but can you tell me when high tide is?

Dispatch: hits the number 9 key in disbelief

·
Registered
561 Posts
No, the best ones are usually the least creative:

"911, this line is recorded, what is your emergency"

"Oh, I don't have an emergency, but..."

<9 key>

I love the misdials too. You answer, they get confused, they say they did not dial 911, and try to argue the point... :roll:

-Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
If we are on the '#9 Key' subject...

I was once 'spoken to' about using the transfer feature of the 9-1-1-E system. A problem resident called 9-1-1 five times one morning to complain that the fire dept. was using their siren's too much. After zapping him 5 times, he called one of our command staff at home. The memo came out that day prohibiting use of #9 Key.

Mike.. you get 3 guesses of who it was. Hint: It was not 260.

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
DESK OFFICER: State College Police Officer _____________
DUMB ASS: Yes Hello I would like information about the States new Fast Lane program.
DESK OFFICER: I have no information for you since this is the Police Department at ______________
DUMB ASS: Do you guys have a set time to pick up the Fast Lane passes and how much paperwork will I need to fill out.

:shock:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yea,

Were I once worked We were forbidden [-X to use the #9 Key. Even though we should have used it one more then one of the towns over zealous residents calling to complain about nothing. but I suppose that happens everywhere.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Crvtte65 said:
I'm not 911, what does this 9 key do?
The 9 key send the caller to a pre recorded message telling them that 911 is for emergencies only and all stupid, frivolous and bullshit calls should be directed to the main number.

·
Registered
221 Posts
JohnBarleycorn you spoke to soon, I'll share a story from that fine institution of higher education.

I was working 12x8 shift and at about 0730. Girl calls on the emergency line. The girl says that she has an emergency. I asked what? She said that her friend has to go to Logan for her flight that leaves at 0800. She said that there are no trains or taxis running at this time of the morning. (I didn't realize all mass transit shuts down) She requested a cruiser to drive her and her friend to Logan with the lights on. She was very insistent on it. I kindly advised her to check the T schedule and provided numbers for taxis, and suggested that she plan accordingly when she has a half hour to catch a plane.

·
Registered
103 Posts
GPD,
:NO: No way that would happen at Brand-X :NO: After all you wouldbe rude if you didn't blue light it to Logan for her. I can't get started I must behave. Plus the rest of L.E. wouldn't believe half of the dumass, boob calls those people would make. Oh one quick one. This bitch teacher calls the emergancy line requesting if I could unlock a card reader door. I gladly granted her request. Well apparently that particular door wasn't functioning properly and she couldn't gain acess(Oh Well :lol: ). I told her(God forbide) to walk around the bldg and use the other door. Well after 5 minutes of, "I will not walk around", "Do you know who I am"(Yeah your the idiot who forgot her keys) and me stating," Well that's what you have to do if u want acess". She asks me if I new what the weather was like outside(It was raining so hard Noah was f----- baffled). I put her on hold for a couple of minutes and stated, "Wow it's really pouring outside I hope u brought an umbrella" CLICK

·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cjm74 said:
"Do you know who I am"
Reminds me of a (very long) story. Our structure is President, VP Of Business, Chief etc etc. Well, one of our officers could have taken in the VP for disorderly because he was using that line and throwing his ID at the officer. The VP went back to his vehicle, officer went over to him, gave the ID... "I have no idea who you are and I don't really care either."

:D

The officer got a written apology a few days later. We also, as a joke, got the VP's picture off the school site and made it all the computers wallpaper :twisted:

·
MassCops Member
132 Posts
Oh, CJ/GPD! What wonderful tales. I knew if I asked nicely. My best was the............. actually, I can honestly say that the only two that stick out in my mind .............. yes I have been able to forget them. All of them.

Ahhhhhhh!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts