Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
:shock: Oh my God! The stupidity of some people. :roll:

I like the dispatchers responce though:

Moron: "You guys are here to protect me."
Dispatch: "What are we protecting you from? A wrong hamburger? What, is it a harmful hamburger?"

:twisted: :lol:

You're way, right away at Burger King now.

·
Undefined
2,255 Posts
SEND IN THE STOP TEAM!!!! You gotta be kidding me. This is the same woman that will vote at her local election for no new equipment for the police because she didn't get an emergency responce on her friggin western burger!!!!!!!!
What is wrong with people?! :roll:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I should be surprised at the stupidness of people like this but i'm not. I guess I have delt with to many people like that in person. Still laughed my @SS off.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The sad part is that our dispatchers would have sent a cruiser. It would be up to a cop to respond and tell the woman it wasn't a police matter. Our dispatchers wouldn't blow this woman off. You want a cruiser, you get a cruiser. This is a result of a totally civilian communications division.

When I started, we had a Sgt. and three cops in communications. With them were 2-3 civilians.... The good old days. Now their all civilians.
Not only do they give out calls like this, but the removal of cops from the section also took away valuable positions that were used for the old timers, the injured, the burnt out, the screw -ups etc.

Don't get me started.

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
Well, we aren't the only ones that think this woman was nuts. This tape has now made its way onto KROCK radio down here. They are having a lot of fun with it. :L:

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
dispatcher did a good job handling it. I would have told her it wasnt a criminal matter and would have probably hung up one her 1:30 earlier If I had been riding the pine the night that call came in. Blocking the drivethrough and causing a disturbance sounds like a disorderly with a tow and some cold thai food for kids if I responded :twisted:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I don't know Bart....Rumor has it they once dragged you out of a Burger King because you explode when the manager forgot to put the fizzy bubbles in your Mountain Dew

·
Subscribing Member
3,450 Posts
Very typical for that area. The lady in the drive thru is from a very ritzy, stuck up, area of Orange County. Kudos to the dispatcher for using her judgement instead of sending a unit.

Of course now she'll be sued for failing to come to the aid of a citizen in need! Also typical for that area.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If I hadn't sent someone on a call like this I would have gotten in trouble too. It's not my job to screen calls. I take the info and give it to the officers. Me being a highly trained and qualified civilian has nothing to do with it. If anyone has problems with the internal SOP's of their 911 center go talk to their chief, he/she probably wrote the policies.

The good ole days? The days without a CAD system? No E-911? The days where Public Safety Communications had even less respect then it does now? Yea, let's go back to those days and just put retirees and injured cops up in those chairs also known as lifelines and let them do it, even though they have no desire or want to be in those chairs, nor the training. Yea...the good ole days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.